The New Me

Seth's POV:

I walked back to my house and entered through the front door. I went to the kitchen but Layla wasn't there; however, I did see the twins in the family room, playing with their toys. They brought a smile to my face. I walked over to them and kissed both of them on the head. 

"Where is mama?" I whispered. 

"I was grabbing the laundry."

I turned around and saw Layla with a basket of laundry. She briefly smiled before walking away and started heading upstairs. I quickly went after her. 

"Layla," I began. "Layla I need to tell you something."

She didn't say anything. Instead, she placed the basket of laundry on top of the bed and started to fold the clothes. Her back was turned to me. I knew that I pissed her off and she has every right to be mad at me. After all, I wasn't exactly thinking with my mind. 

"Layla I'm sorry for everything that I said. I know that you were just trying to save me and for that, I will always be grateful. And if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here now." I apologized. 

Layla stopped folding the clothes and turned around to face me. 

"Seth, I know that things are confusing right now, believe me, I know, but I will always be here to help you through it," Layla said. 

"I know, I know, I forgot that and I'm sorry that was the case."

"Promise me, that you won't do it again." Layla sighed.

"I promise," I said, as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close.

I gently placed my lips on her lips and gave her a soft kiss. 

"Now get cleaned up because the family is coming over soon," Layla advised. 

***

Layla's POV:

We all sat in the living room. Rosaline and Renesmee held Charlize and Landon while we all conversed. Seth sat next to me and squeezed my hand tight. I knew this was going to be hard for him but I hope that he will adjust. For my sake. 

"How are you holding up, Seth?" Carlisle asked. 

Seth couldn't answer Carlisle so he nodded his head. He shook his leg uncontrollably. I made eye contact with Bella. I nodded my head in agreement. 

"Seth, there is something we need to tell you and we hope it helps you with everything," Bella said softly.  

"What is it that you have to tell me?" Seth asked as he leaned in.

"Landon is a hybrid but he has more werewolf qualities to him, unlike Carlize who appears to be more of a vampire." Carlisle began. "We believe that Landon will be a werewolf, just with many more years. Charlize is like Renesmee."

"Meaning what?" Seth added. 

"Landon will be able to take over the pack. The only difference between him and a traditional werewolf is that he is immortal." I explained. 

"And as for you Seth, your transformation was successful; therefore, you are now a vampire," Edward told.

"With one exception." Alice smiled. 

"What would that be?" I asked, knowing that Alice just had a vision. 

"He will gain the ability to look into someone's eyes and know all their memories. He can steal and lock them if he so chooses." Edward chimed in.