Pre-show Jitters-Jeremy Jordan

I reached behind and shakily tried to button up the back of my dress. I jumped when there was a knock at the door. "Yes?"

"It's just me." I turned around to see Jeremy poking his head into the room.

"Oh, hi." I smiled before turning back around and struggling with the buttons again. "Damn it," I cursed under my breath.

"Here," he said stepping into the room. "Let me help you." He walked up behind me and started buttoning my corset.

"Is this too tight?" He asked softly. I shook my head as he finished.

"Thank you," I said turning around. I looked down at my shoes as I subconsciously played with my fingers.

"You okay?"

"Hmm?" I asked, looking up and coming face to face with a worried Jeremy.

"What's wrong Y/N? You look. . .worried." He asked as he ran his hands up and down my arms reassuringly.

"It's nothing, Jeremy. I'm fine."

"No you aren't," he said with a soft smile. He grabbed my hand and led me to the couch. He didn't let go as he made me sit down. "Y/N, talk to me. Please."

"I'm. . . Nervous. About tonight. People are expecting Kara, not me. And... And what if they come and are disappointed I'm not her."

Jeremy reached up and caught the tear I didn't know had fallen. "They are not going to be disappointed. They are going to love you, Y/N." I couldn't help but smile.

"I. . . I've never preformed in this big of a theater with so many people. Watching me." He rubbed his thumb back and forth on my cheek.

"You're going to be great. I know it."

I looked down and titled my head, confused. "What. . . Why aren't you in your costume yet? The show starts in like 10 minutes, Jeremy."

He looked down at his clothes and laughed. "Yeah, well," he shrugged. "I wanted to check on you and make sure you were okay. I remember how nervous I was my first show." I looked up and saw something in his eyes.

"Thank you," I said ignoring the red creeping onto my cheeks. "But you should probably go change. I'd hate for you to get in trouble because of me."

He leaned forward and kissed my cheek. Before pulling away, he whispered, "You're worth it."