Fire In The Warehouse Part 2-Winn Schott

Winn's POV

My heart stopped when I looked around the group and realized Y/N still wasn't outside. I started to run back into the warehouse but was stopped by Kara. "Winn, what are you doing?"

"Y/N is still inside." My comment made everyone look at me with wide eyes.

"She ran back because she thought you were still inside." Oliver said softly.

"Then it's my fault," I sighed. I turned around, trying to get back inside, but once again Kara's hand on my arm stopped me.

"You can't. It's too dangerous," she pleaded.

"But. . . Kara, it's Y/N. She thinks I'm inside. She could be hurt. I can't just leave her." Before anyone could stop me, I ran back inside.

"Y/N!" I yelled as I dodged burning building parts. "Y/N! Where are you?" My heart sped up as I spent more and more time trying to find her.

"Y/N! Please answer me!" I said, feeling hopeless.

"Winn?" I heard softly. I scanned the room, silently praying I would catch a glimpse of Y/N. I froze when I saw Y/N caught under a piece of rubble.

"Y/N! I'm here!" I said running over. The adrenaline in my body gave me strength to move the rubble off of her. When it was off, I gently put Y/N's head in my lap.

"Winn?" She smiled weakly when she saw me.

"I'm here," I said rubbing her cheek. She opened her mouth, but before she could say anything a beam began to fall. Before it could crush us, I wrapped my arms around Y/N and rolled us out of the way.

My breath got caught in my throat when I realized I was hovering over her. I stood up and slowly brought her with me. "We gotta get you out of here," I said. As we started heading towards the door, she collapsed.

"I. . . I don't think I can," she said weakly. I leaned down and picked her up bridal style.

"I've got you."

*****

After I had gotten Y/N out of the warehouse, we were surrounded by EMTs. I started to object when one guy began to take her out of my arms. The entire time they were examining me, I could't take my eyes off of Y/N.

I paced back and forth outside Y/N's hospital room. "Winn?" I stopped pacing to see Kara walking around the corner. "You should get some sleep. Have you even eaten anything?"

I ignored her question. "Can you hear what is going on in there?" I asked.

"Winn I," she sighed.

"Please," I begged. She sighed before turning her attention to the closed door. After a few minutes of her listening and me waiting she finally cleared her throat.

"They are saying that most of the smoke is out of her lungs, but they are going to keep her on the breathing treatment until she wakes up. She has a few bruised ribs, a sprained ankle, and a minor concussion. But what they are really saying is that she is extremely lucky you found her when you did. They think that if you hadn't ran back in there to get her, she. . .she probably wouldn't have made it."

I nodded in thanks as I turned my attention back to Y/N's room. When the doctors left and the nurses made sure she was comfortable, I snuck into her room. I felt as if my heart stopped when I walked in and saw Y/N with the oxygen mask on.

"Y/N," I sighed, sitting down. "I am so sorry. I should have gotten you out sooner. I feel like this is all my fault. I.. ." I cleared my throat and gently took her hand in mine. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. To be honest, it made it really hard to focus on work, not that I minded. Y/N, I. . . I don't think I'd be able to say this to you if you were awake so, I'll take advantage of that." I cleared my throat, gathering up my courage.

"I'm in love with you." I said quickly. "I know. . . I know it may be complicated, but. . . But I can't deny how I feel about you. Now if only I could say that to you when you were awake," I said softly.

"You should." The new voice made me jump. I turned around to see Barry standing in the doorway. "You should tell her. I have a feeling she feels the same way." He walked in and sat in the chair on the other side of her bed.

"Barry," I sighed. "We don't even live in the same dimension."

"True," he shrugged. I watched as he reached forward and brushed a piece of hair out of her face. "But that shouldn't stop you from telling her how you feel," he said as he pulled his hand away.

"What's that point telling her if we can't be together?"

"Who says you can't be together?" With that, he stood up and left.

*****

I woke up the next morning, unsure of when I actually fell asleep. I looked over to see Y/N sleeping peacefully. As I watched her sleep, I thought about what Barry had said. Whatever happens, telling Y/N how I feel is the first step.

I gasped when Y/N started to wake up. I watched eagerly as her eyes fluttered open. She slowly reached up and removed the oxygen mask. I held my breath as she turned and looked at me. "Winn?"

"Hi," I smiled slowly.

"What. . . What are you doing here?"

I opened and closed my mouth, unsure of what to say. I took a deep breath and, instead of responding, I stood up and pressed my lips to hers. We pulled away when neither one of us could breathe.

"Winn," she sighed softly.

"Y/N, I love you." I said quickly. "I know it's not the most ideal situation but. . . I had to tell you, Y/N. After the fire and almost loosing you, I couldn't. . . I couldn't just not tell you."

"Winn," she said cutting me off. "I love you too."

I couldn't help but smile. I gently cupped her cheek in my hand and pressed my lips to hers again. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer as our lips moved in sync.

"How are we going to do this?" She asked when we pulled apart.

"I don't know," I sighed. "But, we'll figure it out. I could stay until we figure it out or. . . Or you could come with me." I held my breath as I waited for her response.

"You'd really want me to come back to your Earth with you?" She asked slowly.

"Of course," I smiled. She cupped my cheek with her hand and pulled me close to her, pressing her lips to mine.

When we pulled apart I pressed my forehead to hers. "I'd even move here. I'd live anywhere as long as it meant we would be together."