Protective Little Nut-Jack Kelly

There were times I really hated living in New York, like today. I was currently walking down the street around lunch time, which I normally do. But today it felt weird. I turned around to see a guy leaning against a building, watching me.

Watching would be the wrong word, more like plotting.

I turned back around and started to walk a little faster. I looked across the street to see a boy glancing over at me, nervously. With his hat hanging low over his eyes and his bag slung across his shoulder he looked like one of those News Boys who is always running around the city. I watched him tense as he noticed the man pick up his pace.

"Hey, beautiful." The smell of alcohol flooded my nose. I ignored his catcall as I walked faster

"You want to come to my place? We could work up a sweat."

I bit my lip and looked at the boy who was still watching me from across the street. I sent him a pleading look as I hugged myself and walked faster.

I gasped when I felt the man pull me into an alleyway. "I was talking to you, pretty lady." He said as he pressed me against the wall.

"Please, let me go." I said as tears stung my eyes.

"Why? Come on, baby." I gasped as he moved my hair and started kissing my neck. The tears started to stream down my cheeks as the man continued to kiss my neck.

"Hey!" The loud voice made the man stop kissing my neck. I opened my eyes to see the News Boy from earlier running into the alleyway.

"Beat it kid. Can't you see we're in the middle of something?" The man said before running his hands up and down my arms, pressing himself against me. I sent the boy a look, begging him not to leave.

"It doesn't look like she's enjoying it as much as you are," the boy said through gritted teeth.

"Look kid, you've probably never slept with a girl, but it's a private thing. Unless you want to join." My lip quivered as the man started kissing my neck again.

"Please," I whispered as I closed my eyes. I gasped when I felt the man being roughly pulled off of me.

I opened my eyes to see the News Boy stepping between the man and I. I slid down the wall and tucked my knees into my chest. I wrapped my arms around my knees and burried my face. I began to shake as I envisioned what that man might have done to me if the News Boy hadn't intervened. I could hear the two men fighting, but I was too scared to look up.

"Are you okay, miss?" I gasped when I felt someone touch me.  I looked up to see the News Boy smiling at me. "Hey, don't worry. I ain't gonna hurt ya." I looked at the boy, finally being able to see what he looks like. The first thing I noticed was how he was looking at me with a soft smile.

"Thank you," I said softly. The boy reached forward and helped me stand up.

"No problem. The name's Jack Kelly." He said reaching his hand out for me to shake.

"Y/N Y/L/N." I said shaking his hand.

And from that moment on, whenever I was in the city I made sure to find Jack Kelly.