Awkard Love Part 2-Winn Schott

All day, I couldn't get the image of Winn and that girl out of my head. Every time I thought about it, I wanted to throw up. Sitting a few feet from the guy you're in love with and having him barely see you, sucks.

"Hey." I jumped when Kara walked over and leaned against my desk. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I stuttered. "Just not feeling well." I looked up to see Kara sending me a knowing look. "Don't," I warned.

"I wasn't going to say anything," she put her hands up in defense.

"Well, you were thinking it. I may not have mind reading powers, but I am very good at reading you, Kara Danvers." I stood up and started walking away, but she grabbed my wrist stopping me.

"Kara, let go."

"Not until you talk to me," she whispered.

I turned around and didn't fight off the tears. "What do you want to talk about, huh? About the fact that I can't get over Winn, no matter how hard I try? Or the fact that he will never see me the way I see him? Or how this is even worse than watching him pine over you?"

"Y/N," she sighed.

"If anyone asks, which I doubt they will, tell them I went home sick." I grabbed my purse from my desk and left the office.

*****

I closed my front door and slid down it, letting the tears fall. When I gathered my strength, I stood up and walked to my room. I decided to take a shower, hoping it would make me feel better.

It didn't.

I got out and changed into a baggy sweater and a pair of booty shorts. I turned on Netflix as I warmed up some pizza from my weekly movie night with Winn.

I was just about to fall asleep to the theme song of Parks and Rec when there was a knock at my door. I debated about ignoring it but when whoever was at the door knocked again, I decided to open it.

"Kara, I told you I was fine." I froze when it wasn't Kara at my door. "Winn," I gasped.

"Hey," Winn smiled his hypnotizing smile.

"Hi," I said clearing my throat.

Act sick. Act sick.

"You okay?" He asked slowly. "You left work suddenly, I got worried. It was like I turned around and you were just gone." He said with a slight laugh.

"Yeah," I said as I cleared my throat again.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I speak?

"I umm. . . I just wasn't feeling well. I've had a headache and. . .felt really nauseous all of a sudden."

"Oh," he said under his breath. "You sure it wasn't something else?"

"Winn, what else could it possibly be?"

How about the fact that I'm in love with a moron who barely sees me as more than a sister?

"I got sick," I said trying not to get angry. "People get sick, Winn. It's not something we see coming. It just comes out of nowhere."

I looked at my shoes as I felt Winn stare at me. I closed my eyes to stop the tears. "Do you umm. . . Do you need anything?" He asked softly.

"No, Winn. I'm fine. Thanks though," I said as I started to close the door.

"Y/N, wait." He laughed grabbing the door, stopping me from closing it. "What's going on? You've been acting weird all day. Actually, it's not just today. The past couple of days. . .weeks really, you've been acting. . .off."

"Off?" I couldn't help but scoff. "You know," I said clearing my throat as tears stung my eyes. Winn's eyes widened when he saw me fighting back tears. "I think it would be best if we weren't friends anymore." I said trying to close the door.

"Wait, what? Y/N!" Winn said, catching the door again. "What the hell is going on? Did I do something?"

"No. . . Actually yes, but. . . Well, you did it without knowing. I mean it's not really something you did. It's just too painful for me." I said with tears threatening to spill.

"Too painful? What are you talking about?" He asked, starting to get angry. "Y/N, you're not making any sense. What has you so upset?"

"You! Okay? You and all your. . . It's too painful to sit back and pretend. . . I can't do it, Winn. I just can't." This time when I closed the door, Winn didn't stop me.

"What just happened?" He whispered before I heard footsteps heading down the hallway.

I covered my mouth as I pressed my back to the door and slid down it. I pulled my knees into my chest and let out the sob I had been holding in.

Part 3 Coming Soon