Drinking Buddies- Winn Schott

I turned off my computer and reached under my desk for my purse. I sat up and jumped when I saw Winn standing by my desk. "Oh, hi." I laughed.

"Hey. Some of us are going to Happy Hour. Wanna come?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Winn? You okay? You only do that when you're nervous," I smiled. He quickly lowered his hand and put both them in his pockets.

"Sorry," he laughed. "It's a habit. And you know what they say. . . "

"Are you going to say it or do you want me to?" I laughed when he didn't answer.

"Anyway," he said making a face. "Happy Hour? You could invite Charlie."

"Oh, yeah. About Charlie," I said standing up and avoiding eye contact.

"What about him? Is everything okay with you two?"

"There isn't a 'two' anymore," I said slowly as my eyes finally met his.

"Y/N," Winn sighed as he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me. "Perfect reason to go get drunk," he whispered into my ear with his arms still wrapped around me.

I laughed as I playfully pushed him away. "Come on," he sighed. "I'm buying."

I looked up at him and debated. "Hell yeah you are." I laughed making him smile.

When we got to the bar, Winn immediately ordered us two beers. "So, what happened with Charlie? I want a reason so if he asks why I'm kicking his ass, I can give him one." He said taking a drink making me laugh.

"Well umm. . . I came home from class one day and saw his jacket on the couch. When I went in my room, he wasn't there. So, I went to ask my roommate if she had seen him and when I opened the door. . . They were. . ." I took a big gulp of my beer.

"I'm so sorry. He doesn't deserve you, Y/N." Winn said reaching over and intertwining our fingers. "Wanna get super drunk?"

"You know me so well, Schott." I said raising my glass as he raised his.

Two Hours Later

"Winn. I have to tell you something." I slurred after too many drinks.

"Anything. You can tell me anything." He slurred taking my hands.

"When Charlie cheated on me," I paused scooting closer to him. "I wasn't that sad." I pulled away and started giggling.

"Whaaaat?" He slurred. "But. . . But. . ." He laughed.

"You wanna know something else?" He nodded. "It's because I have feelings for someone else," I said covering my mouth.

"Really?" He slurred. "Who?"

"I'm not telling!"

"Come on Y/N!!" He whined. "Tell me!! Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me." He said over and over again as he poked me.

"Fine!" I sighed dramatically. He stopped poking me and cheered.

I looked at him and gathered up my courage. I scooted closer to him, unable to look away from his eyes. "It's you," I said bopping his nose.

"What?" He laughed. "Me?" I nodded. I watched as he looked around, trying to comprehend what I said.

Before I could contradict myself and tell him I was kidding, he jumped off his stool to stand in front of me, grabbed my face with his hands and pressed his lips to mine. It took my drunk mind a second before realizing that he was kissing me.

Winn Schott was kissing me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling us closer as our lips moved in sync. I moaned as his hands slid down my back. Winn pulled away when neither one of us could breath.

I gasped when he took my hand and led me to the bathroom. When we got inside, he pressed me against the door and reattached our lips. I heard him moan as I ran my hands through his hair. I gasped when I felt him grab my ass. He took this chance to slip his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues fought for dominance but his won after he grabbed my ass again. He pulled away and started kissing my neck. I sighed happily as I leaned my head back against the door so he would have better access to my neck.

"Winn," I moaned as his hands slide underneath my shirt.

"Hmmm?" He said he sucked on my sweet spot as his hands slid higher.

"So you want to ummmm do you want to take this somewhere. . . else?" He pulled away with a smirk on his face.

*****

I woke up, the sun shining through my window. I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light. I gasped when I realized that those weren't my curtains. Or my dresser. Or my bookshelf. Or my pants on the floor. But that was my bra on the floor. I widened my eyes when I became very aware that I wasn't wearing any clothes.

I slowly looked over my shoulder, but quickly turned back around, covering my mouth.

I was in Winn Schott's bed. Winn Schott was in bed next to me. Winn Schott was asleep next to me.

Which means. . .

Winn Schott and I got so drunk last night that we slept together.

I pretended to be asleep when I felt him stir. "My head," he mumbled. I heard him gasp signaling that he had noticed me next to him. "Y/N? Oh shit. . . Did we. . . " I felt him lift the blanket. "Yep, we did. Oh shit. . . She is going to think I took advantage of her because of her breakup. She is going to think I got her drunk on purpose. She is going to hate me. She is never going to like me now." As he spoke, I felt him sit up. When I felt the bed shift from his movements, I slowly rolled over, facing him. I felt him gasp when I pretended to wake up.

"You're not trying to pull a one nighter on me, are you?" I asked sleepily. When I opened my eyes, he was standing at the door in just his boxers. I slowly sat up, making sure the blanket covered everything.

Neither one of us said anything as we avoided eye contact. You could feel the awkward tension in the air. "Soooooo," I said pretending to dust off the covers.

"Sooooo."

"So, last night?"

"So, last night."

"Okay," I sighed finally looking at him. He slowly looked up at me. "We are adults so we can talk about. . . What happened between us last night."

"You want to talk about it?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Of course I want to talk about it." I said starting to get up, but stopped. "You know, when I'm not. . . bare-chested." He laughed as he bent down, picked up one of his shirts and threw it over to me.

"I'll go make some coffee." He said, before turning around and heading into the kitchen. I slipped his shirt over my head and quickly walked to the bathroom. I cringed when my hair was sticking in random directions and makeup was smudged over my face. I quickly washed my face and combed my hair.

When I walked downstairs, I found Winn in the kitchen. "Hey," I said making him look up.

"Hi," he said smiling. I took a seat on one of the bar stools as Winn poured two cups of coffee.

"So about last night," Winn started as he handed me the mug while not touching his. "I'm sorry if you thought I took advantage of you when you were feeling weak because of Charlie. I was drunk.... Not that I wouldn't have wanted to...to sleep with you if I wasn't drunk. . . I just...."

"Winn," I laughed standing up and walking towards a very nervous IT guy.

Before I could stop myself I stood on my tip toes and pressed my lips to his. He didn't hesitate to kiss me back. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"I love you," I said as I pulled away. My eyes widened when I realized what I had said. "I mean. . ."

Winn cut me off by kissing me. "I love you too, by the way," he said before pressing his lips to mine again.