Awkward Love Part 4-Winn Schott

Winn's POV

I pounded on the door. "Y/N! Open up!" I continued knocking on the door until she finally opened the door.

"Winn? What is wrong with you?" Instead of responding I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around her. It took her a minute before she hugged my back. "Winn?" Her voice broke causing my heart to do the same. I pulled away and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" I asked quietly. I gasped when she pulled away and headed back into her apartment. "Y/N?"

"I couldn't," she said with her back to me. "I knew it would be harder to try and talk to you about it." I heard her gasp as I turned her around and took her hands in my own. I led her over to the couch and made her sit next to me.

I opened my mouth, but she cut me off. "I'm sorry, Winn. I know this must be confusing. I mean one minute I'm you're best friend and then the next. . ."

I cut her off by grabbing her face and pressing my lips to hers. After the shock wore off, she started to kiss me back. Suddenly, she gasped and pulled away. "Winn," she sighed. She stood up and started to pace. "You don't mean that. You just. . . You don't want me to leave so you were willing to. . . To kiss me just to make sure I don't leave."

"No," I said standing up and stopping her from pacing. "That's not true." I reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Yes it is," she said sadly, avoiding eye contact. I grabbed her face and roughly pressed my lips to hers. I pinned her against the wall as our lips moved in sync. "Winn," she moaned as I ran my hands through her hair.

"Stop!" She yelled as she pushed me away from her.

"Y/N," I said still trying to catch my breath. I tried to step towards her but she stepped back.

"No." My heart broke as tears started streaming down her cheeks. "You don't. . . You can't. . . You like Kara. You've always liked her. The only reason you are being like this, is because you don't want me to leave. You. . . You don't actually like me."

The whole time she spoke, she looked at the ground. "Y/N," I said making her look at me. "I thought I liked Kara. But all those days helping Supergirl and the Guardian, side by side I. . . I started to like you." With each word I got closer and closer to her, until I had her pressed against the wall. "And I didn't realize how much I liked you until I heard you were leaving. That's when I realized I was absolutely, completely, totally in love with you."

"You are?" She whispered. I couldn't help but smile when I saw the shock in her eyes. I just simply nodded as I took her face in my hands. I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers.

I smiled as she started to kiss me back. We pulled apart when neither one of us could breathe. "Winn," she said breathlessly, pressing her forehead to mine.

"Please don't leave me, Y/N." I whispered. Y/N leaned up and pressed her lips to mine. My arms wrapped around her waist as our lips continued to move in sync. She was the first to pull away. When she did she cupped my cheek with her hand. I grabbed her hand and kissed her wrist. "Please," I whispered against her wrist. I looked back at her beautiful eyes to see her smiling at me. A smile I hope always to be the reason for and never the reason it disappears.

"Never," she whispered.