Christmas In July-Jeremy Jordan

It's never easy when Jeremy is gone. Supergirl was finished filming, at least for the summer and Jeremy and I were spending every day together. We would wake up together, eat breakfast, I would go to work and he would meet me for lunch. Then I would come home from the office and we would make dinner together and spend the night binge watching a show on Netflix.

I woke up and reached out to find the bed empty. "Jeremy?" I said sleepily. I got out of bed and walked down the stairs. I leaned against the doorframe and watched as Jeremy moved around the kitchen, making breakfast.

"Shadows, you took away the shadows
Before you, life was black and white
Though tonight the room's gone gray
Golden, all the love you gave was golden
Gold that I would gladly pay,
To show the love I meant to say" he sang.

"Smells good," I said making him jump. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, looking over his shoulder. "What are you making?"

"Chocolate Chip pancakes," he said kissing the top of my head.

Through breakfast, I noticed Jeremy being quiet. "You okay?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah," he laughed nervously. Silence fell between us as we finished eating.

"Are you sure? You are usually really talkative. Unless there is something on your mind." I reached across the table and intertwined our fingers. "What's going on, Jer? Talk to me."

"I got the schedule for filming the next season of Supergirl."

"Okay," I shrugged, taking our plates to the sink. "You always get the schedule this month. Why does it make such a difference now?"

"Because we are filming a Christmas episode," he said quickly. I froze as my heart dropped.

"Which means. . ." I said slowly.

"Which means I have to leave earlier," he paused.

"Which also means you won't be home for Christmas." When the realization hit me, I bit my lip to stop the tears. I gently put the dishes in the sink and started to wash them. I heard Jeremy's chair scrap against the kitchen floor as he stood up and walked over to me.

"Y/N," he said reaching out and turning off the water.

"I um... I'm going to be late for work." I said quickly drying my hands. I rushed upstairs and quickly got ready. When I walked back downstairs to grab my purse and keys from the counter, I noticed Jeremy wasn't around. I hesitated before leaving without saying goodbye.

Work was hellish. Not that it was a bad day, it's just all day I was distracted. All I could think about was the conversation I had with Jeremy. Now instead of leaving in January, after the holidays, he was leaving the first week of December.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if I had family to spend the holidays with, but I don't. Jeremy is the closest thing I have to a family.

When I walked into our shared apartment, I walked in to find all the lights were off. "Jeremy?" I called out walking into the kitchen and turning on the light. "Jeremy? Are you home?" I asked, taking off my jacket. I started to worry as I noticed that no one was home.

He left. Jeremy left and it's all my fault. Tears started to fall as I leaned my elbows on the cold kitchen counter. "Jeremy?" I said softly, my voice breaking. I jumped when the lights suddenly turned on. I looked up to see Jeremy standing in the doorway.

"Jeremy!" I gasped as I ran into his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have just left like I did. I. . . I was just scared and I didn't want to think about losing you."

He put his hand on the back of my head and shushed me. "I'm not mad, sweetheart," he pulled away and caught a tear with his thumb. "The only reason I left was because of this." He took my hand and led me into the other room.

When he turned on the lights, I gasped. The living room was decorated with lights, there was a wreath hanging from the window, and a Christmas tree in the corner.

"What is all this?" I giggled as I walked around our decorated living room.

"It's Christmas in July!" Jeremy laughed as he ran across the room and turned on Christmas music. He grabbed my hand and started dancing with me to the tune of Rocking Around The Christmas Tree.

"Why did you do all this?"

"Well, I decided that since I was going to be gone, we should celebrate it now."

I couldn't help but laugh as I looked at his giddy face. "Where do you even find a Christmas tree in the middle of July? In New York?"

"Don't ask," he said before laughing. I gasped when he started leading me around the coffee table.

Suddenly, I'll Be Home For Christmas started playing. We stopped dancing as tears streamed down my cheeks. Jeremy eyes softened when he saw the tears. He pulled me into a hug and quietly sung in my ear.

"Maybe. . ." I stuttered. "Maybe I can come visit you for Christmas." He pulled away and kissed my tearstained cheek.

"I'd like that," he whispered. "Come on," he reached down and took my hand leading me to the couch. "I bought you some presents." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I giggled as he put a present in my hands. "You didn't have to do all this."

"Yes, I did." He kissed me before gesturing towards the present. After I opened a few shirts, some jewelry, and a new purse Jeremy stood up nervously.

"You okay?"

"There is one more present I want to give you." He said standing in front of me.

"Jeremy," I laughed. "You have given me enough, really. Just decorating was enough."

"No offense, but will you shut up so I can do this?

"Do what?" I asked. I gasped as Jeremy knelt down on one knee.

"I didn't know when I was going to do this, but when I got the email this morning. . . I knew I had to do it, especially before I leave." He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Y/F/N Y/L/N, I love you more than anything in this world. You have constantly supported me, even when I was across the country. Between the two of us, you have been the strongest. I don't know if I could have handled everything without knowing that I had you waiting for me at home. You are my strength, my motivation. Without you, my life is meaningless. You are the love of my life and I want to spend every day of it with you. So, Y/F/N Y/L/N, will you marry me?"

I gasped when he opened the little black box and revealed a gorgeous ring. I looked up at his hopeful face with tears in my eyes. "Yes."

He slipped the ring on my finger and pulled me off the couch and into his chest. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. When we pulled apart for air, I pressed my forehead to his. "I love you too, by the way."

Jeremy smiled at me before grabbing my left hand and looking at my finger. "Damn, that looks good on your finger." I threw my head back and laughed as he kissed the top of my hand.

"Best Christmas ever."