When You're Gone-Jeremy Jordan

Whenever Jeremy was away filming, I often found myself walking around our shared apartment, unsure of what to do with myself. Right now he was in California, filming an episode of Supergirl. Which meant I was alone in New York. It's hard not to get lonely when he is gone.

Jeremy and I met on Broadway. He was Clyde in Bonnie and Clyde and I was Cosette in Les Mis. We actually met at a Broadway gala dinner. We were seated next to each other and got talking. By the end of the night, he had asked me out on a date.

I was in the middle of making dinner when my phone started ringing. I smiled when I saw Jeremy's name flash across the scene. "Hey, you!"

"Someone sounds happy." His laughter warmed my heart.

"Of course I am. I get to hear your voice." I let out a small laugh. "I miss you," I said softly.

"I miss you too." Those four words made my eyes fill with tears. "Y/N? You still there?" I could hear the worry in his voice.

"Yeah, sorry," I tried to laugh it off.

"Y/N, I know you. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Jer. I promise. I just. . . It's. . . I miss you. A lot." I said trying to keep the tears from falling.

"I know," he let out a sigh. "I hate when I'm away from you. But I promise that next time, you're coming with me."

"You sound tired."

"Yeah, it's been a long couple of weeks. We've had to reshoot a lot of scenes thanks to weather."

"I'm sorry, baby. How much longer do you have?"

"Two weeks. Maybe three."

"Three?" I bit my lip after my voice broke. I cleared my throat, "That's a long time."

"I know, baby." Suddenly there was a loud announcement in the background, making it so I couldn't hear him.

"What was that? Jeremy? Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, sorry. It's pretty loud on set. I gotta go baby, but I promise I'll call you later. I love you. Bye."

"I love you too." I said before being greeted by the end tone. I let the tears fall as I pulled my phone away from my ear. I left my dinner, half made on the counter and walked into the other room and sat on the couch. I logged into Netflix and subconsciously looked for a specific movie.

I smiled as the Overture for Newsies started. I pulled Jeremy's favorite sweatshirt over my head and laid down. Tears streamed down my cheeks as Jeremy and Andrew started singing Santa Fe. The tears made my vision blurry as I watched the movie.

I didn't know I had fallen asleep until I felt someone gently push a strand of hair behind my ear. I stirred awake. When I opened my eyes, I saw a boy kneeling on the floor in front of me.

"I'm still dreaming. You aren't really here," I said sleepily as I closed my eyes. My heart leaped as I heard his laughter.

"Y/N, baby I'm really here."

I opened my eyes and gasped. "Jeremy?" I gasped as the tears began to fall again. I sat up and jumped into his arms making him fall backwards. He laughed as I fell onto his chest. Jeremy sat up with me still in his arms. I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"What are you doing here?" I said still in his arms.

"I flew home to see you. I had actually just gotten off the plane when I called you. I wanted to make sure you were home and not still at work." This made me pull away.

"But. . . You said you had two, maybe three, weeks left."

"Baby? Why are you crying?" He asked as he noticed the tears, ignoring my question. He reached up and caught a tear as I let out a soft laugh.

"They are happy tears you idiot." I grabbed his shirt and pressed my lips to his. I felt him smile into the kiss. When we pulled away, he looked at the tv and laughed. I looked over and saw that the movie was still playing. Ironically enough, it was the scene where Jack and Katherine were singing Something To Believe In on the rooftop.

"Do you always watch this when I'm gone?" He laughed.

"Only when I really miss you." I pressed my lips to his again. When I pulled away, I smiled. "Sometimes I watch SMASH."

He threw his head back and laughed before putting his hand on my cheek and pressing his lips to mine.