Intervening- Winn Schott

Things have been kind of tense ever since Winn's dad escaped prison. Ever since the FBI came and talked to Winn, he hasn't shown up for work.

"I'm starting to get nervous, Kara. Winn won't answer my calls. He won't answer my texts. What if something happened to him? What if he's hurt?"

"Y/N, breathe." Kara soothed through the phone.

"I can't! He's missing. What if his dad has him? What if he's hurt?" I said trying really hard not to panic.

"Y/N, honey, freaking out is not going to help him."

"Well then what can we do?" I sighed when Kara didn't respond. "Kara?"

"We found him."

*****

"Winn!" I stepped onto the stage, between Winn and his father's old partner. 

"Y/N! What are you doing? Move. Please," he begged.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I won't let you ruin your life. I won't let your father ruin your life."

"Y/N, you have to move. I have to do this." Winn said with tears threatening to spill.

"No you don't," I said softly as I took a step closer to him. "Winn, I know what your father wants you to do. I know what he has planned and what will happen if you don't go through with this. And I. . . I know about Supergirl."

"You do?" I nodded as he began to lower the gun.

"I know that you help her. I know that you have been lying to protect her identity, but also to protect me. And I am so proud of you." I looked at the audience to see several officers pointing their guns at Winn. "Please put the gun down, Winn. You're my best friend. I. . . I can't lose you."

He looked at the guard and then back at me. Instantly I knew what he was going to do. I shook my head but he just smiled.

Suddenly, Winn raised the gun and shot in into the air. "No!" I screamed as a few guards fired their guns. Without thinking I ran over to Winn, pushing him to the ground. I gasped as we fell to the ground. Winn protectively pulled me into his chest.

Suddenly his eyes changed from looking at me to looking at something behind me. My eyesight got fuzzy as I looked over my shoulder. There, standing in front of us absorbing the bullets was Supergirl.

I gasped when Winn rubbed his hand across his shoulder. "Y/N?" He sat up and looked at my back. "No," Winn gasped as he pulled me into his chest. "No no no. It's going to be okay." He looked around for help before looking back down at me.

I'm not sure how much time passed. All I did know was one minute I'm on the stage in Winn's arms and the next I'm sitting on a medical table in a tank top as Alex patched me up at the DEO.

"You're lucky it didn't hit your spin," Alex said as she put a bandage over the wound on my back.

"Yeah, lucky."

Alex opened her mouth to say something, but there was a soft knock at the door. "Come in," she said.

We both turned to see Winn peaking his head in. "How's it going?" He hesitated to ask.

"Good," Alex answered for me. "Just finished actually." There was an awkward silence as Alex put things away. "I'll umm," she cleared her throat. "I'll let you two talk."

Winn stepped into the room as Alex stepped out. As the door closed, neither one of us said anything. I looked down at my shoes as Winn looked at me. Winn was the first to speak.

"Why did you do that, Y/N?"

"Well I. . ."

"No. Why. . . Why did you risk your life like that? You could've been killed, Y/N! Then what would I do? What if it had hit your spin? You would have lost feeling in your legs and you would never be able to walk again. And that would be my fault."

As he continued to ramble, I slid off the bed and stepped in front of him, cupping his face in my hands. "Winn. Breathe."

"Why did you do it?"

"I thought you knew," I smiled softly. "It's because I'm in love with you, you idiot."

Winn pulled me into his chest and pressed his lips to mine. Our lips moved in sync as I wrapped my arms around his neck and as he wrapped his around my waist. "I'm in love with you too," he gasped pulling away.

I smiled as he pressed his lips back to mine. I ran my fingers through his hair, making him moan as he played with the waistband of my shorts.

He pulled away and tucked a piece of hair behind my cheek. "Y/N, I need you to promise me. . . Promise me that you'll never do that again. Please. Promise me you won't risk your life like that."

"Winn, how can you even ask me that? I could never just stand-by and watch you get hurt."

"I won't risk losing you," he said softly, pressing his forehead against mine.

I pulled away with a smile on my face. "You do realize you fight aliens for a living, right?"

Winn rolled his eyes before laughing. "Still," he laughed before pressing his lips to mine.