Sharpshooter

✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨

Lance was getting ready for his date, and since everyone else was busy Keith was helping him choose an outfit, one that was much much better then the courting outfit Coran had given him.

"How about something simple?" Keith suggested when Lance came out in a purple sparkly vest.

"Yeah, your right, Allura will probably pick something simple too." Lance took off the vest, and went to go browse some more with Keith.

"What about you Keith do you like someone?" Lance asked as he looked through shirts.

"Yeah...." Keith said as he pulled out a couple.

"Ooo really? Do I know them?" Lance asked.

"I guess? Sure." Keith said, looking down at the clothes.

"Oh you should totally ask them out, maybe we can go on a double date sometime." Lance said.

"No." Keith said as he headed Lance a pile of shirts. "Try these on."

"Why not?" Lance asked as he went into the changing room.

"I think they like someone else. Which is fine, I didn't like them that much anyways." Keith said, completely lying through his teeth. "Just some random person I meet in the blade, they are dead now."

"Oh my... I'm sorry." Lance said.

"Eh, only talked to them once." Keith kept lying.

Lance chuckled. "Wouldn't think you had the capability to love."

"Don't think I do. It's fine, I like being alone."

"Lone Wolf Keith." Lance said before coming out. "Classic Keith." He chuckled. "Anyways, how do I look? Do I look good?" He turned around in the blue shirt he would end up wearing on his date tonight.

"You look... great, sharpshooter." Keith said as he watched Lance spin around, his heart had other wishes, but Lance looked so happy at this moment.

✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨

Keith was looking to his side, where Lance was sitting beside him in the field of flowers. He was holding one in his hands and looking down at it sadly, it reminded him too much of Allura. Pidge had been dragged here by her mom to study these flowers and the other plants while Sam Holt was back at the base working on wormhole back to earth. Keith had decided to drag Lance along, mainly because he had eaten too much ice cream and watched all the sad romance movies there were.

"Keith," Lance said. "Why does it hurt to love? I thought love was suppose to be beautiful and wonderful and amazing in every way."

"Well, Shiro tells me this when he talks about Adam, but, it hurts to let go of your first love, but it hurts more to hold on." Keith repeated the all too familiar words to Lance.

"I think I see what you mean. I should learn from my past to make a better future? I have learned love, heartbreak, and more about myself then any other moment. Is it weird to see how far we have come? I never thought we would live to see the day of peace in the universe."

"Yeah it is weird to think about it that way." Keith said, grabbing a couple of flowers and starting to weave them together.

"Hey Keith?" Lance turned to his friend.

"Yeah?" Keith kept his eyes down at the flowers he was working with.

"Do you think I'll ever find love again? Or just die alone?" Lance asked softly.