Coming Home

Lance smiled across the window as he watched the Atlas descend upon Earth. They were finally coming home, and he couldn't wait to see his family.

When they got back there was a multitude of people waiting for them, they landed and Lance was the first one out of the Atlas. He yelled for his parents, he spotted them at the front to his right and he ran to them, engulfing them in a hug.

"Lance!" His mother smiled as she hugged him tightly back.

Lance hugged all his family members as they made a big group hug once Veronica ran over to them. "I missed you all so much." Lance said with a smile, a tear fell down his face.

"Where is that sweet girlfriend of yours?" His father asked.

Lance went silent, the entire room felt like it had gone silent, and still. He looked down and slowly released himself from the hug of his family.

"Dad, not now..." Veronica whispered.

"Oh..." his father got the message as he looked at Lance before pulling him close. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay..." Lance whispered back. "I'm here now, and I'm not leaving here again."

"What do you mean?" His mom asked.

"I have decided I want to stay here. I don't want to be a paladin anymore." Lance told them.

✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨

"A toast to Lance." Shiro said as he held up a cup. "Lance is known for his hard work. You may not be the best at things, but you never give up. You always keep pushing forward through all things until you get the outcome you want. Lance we are going to miss having you aboard this ship, so much. But we wish the best of luck to you and your future. To Lance."

Every repeated 'To Lance' before clicking their cups together to drink.

"Aww you guys." Lance smiled. "This is all so much. Honestly I can't thank you enough for your support and this party is amazing!"

"I'm going to miss you." Hunk gave Lance a hug. "Promise me you will email and message me every day."

"I promise." Lance said.

"Yeah. Who is going to be our goofball?" Pidge teased.

"I'm not a goofball. Matt is." Lance said.

"Hey!" Matt snapped and everyone laughed.

"Keith didn't show..." Shiro whispered to Curtis who was beside him.

"Were you expecting him?" Curtis whispered back. They were holding hands in the corner and they drank.

"I thought he would show up." Shiro let go of his hand so he could take out his phone to message Keith.

Shiro: Hey are you coming?
Keith: To What? Your funeral old man?
Shiro: HaHa, not funny. I mean Lance's party.
Keith: HIS WHAT?!!
Shiro: did Lance not tell you? He is leaving Voltron. We are having his party today.
Keith: he did not tell me! You can't be serious.
Shiro: no I am.
Keith: I'll be there... give me a second. Don't let him leave.

"Keith didn't even know." Shiro told Curtis.

"Did Lance not tell him?" Curtis questioned.

"He must of forgotten." Shiro said. "Or... I don't know. Now this makes me worried."

"I'm sure Keith will be fine, he will understand that it was just forgotten." Curtis said.

"That's why I'm worried about." Shiro said. "Keith will be so upset that Lance forgot him. I don't know what he will do."