Chapter 52

Steve pulls into a parking garage of the German Airport and parks a few slots over from a van. I sit behind Sam, who keeps looking back at Bucky suspiciously. We all get out of the car and stand in front of it. Before we left the warehouse, I changed into the uniform that Tony had designed for me. Its sleek dark material feels nice against my chest. Since this is my summer uniform, it's sleeveless but the pants are still long and black. I decided not to grab the cuffs, I'm not really sure why I decided not to, it just felt like the right time to let them go. The classic 'V' pendant still rests on my chest with the colors green, purple and yellow bursting from it.

The door opens and Clint comes around the corner. I run up to him and embrace him in a hug.

"How are you doing, Grace?" He asks once we release each other.

"I could be doing better, but you know, going through life," I say and he just grins. "How about you."

"Well, just chugging through life with you," he smiles. The door opens behind him and Wanda steps out. I smile, nodding at her and she nods back.

"Did you get the guy?" He asks Clint and he responds with a nod. I walk over to stand next to Wanda, who studies Bucky.

"Put a little coffee in him, but he's good to go," Clint says before opening the door to the van. A middle-aged man stares back at us after he was jolted awake from his nap. He slides out of the van and looks over at Clint.

"What time zone is this?" He asks him before Clint gestures to us and the man just lights up. He walks over to Steve and shakes his hand with him, "Captain America."

"Mr. Lang," Steve says way too seriously to him. Mr. Lang gets really excited and begins to shake his hand more quickly and ferociously.

"I've been shaking your hand too long," he releases his hand. "Wow this is awesome, it's Captain America," he looks back at the two of us, "I know you too, you're great," he turns back to Steve and grabs his shoulders, Wanda and I hide our laughs behind our smiles. Steve looks at the two of us before looking back at Mr. Lang. "Uh, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so thank you for thinking of me. Hey man."

"What's up TicTac," Sam crosses his arms.

"Uh, yeah good to see you. Listen what happened last time-"

"It was a good audition but it won't happen again," Sam chuckles. I wonder what happened. Sam catches me looking at him and he just shakes his head.

Steve and Lang mumble a few things back and forth and I turn to Wanda.

"How did you get dragged into all of this?" I ask.

"Clint came to get me, he told me Cap needed our help so I knew I needed to come," She says, "and you?"

"I was just at the right place at the right time," I shrug. The PA comes on and German flows through it, we all look over at Bucky for him to translate for us.

"They're evacuating the airport," he says and Steve just sighs.

"Stark," Sam says.

"Stark?" Lang questions.

"Suit up," Steve says.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I take off down the hallway with Wanda and Clint, our job was to get in position in case Steve needs us. Sam and Bucky are running to look for the quinjet, while Steve and Lang are going to try to get the helicopter in the air.

"Here's a good spot," Clint says, kneeling down and getting himself in position. "Tony, Rhodey, Natasha and two others I don't recognize."

I look over and see Steve bound in something white, I can't see exactly what it is or who caused it. Steve raises his bound hands in the air and Clint fires an arrow at them.