Chapter 95

Loki's POV

We appeared in the prison with a burst of light and it almost feels strange to be back on someplace that no longer exists in my time. I follow Thor and the rabbit throughout the cells and let me just say they really should leave it to me. They are horrible at sneaking around.

I gaze in at one of the cells and find my past self tossing an object in the air, I can see past the illusion I cast unto myself. Bruises and scars cover my body and I shake from the memories of them. I stop for a moment and think back to this time, moments before this I told Frigga she was not my mother.

"Loki!" The rabbit calls out and I quickly follow them.

"That's Jane," Thor says and I turn around to find the girl. She's talking to one of the servants before closing the door. I create an illusion over myself as a servant that passed by moments ago since this isn't the particular crowd that likes my face.

"Alright, here's the deal: I need the two of you pretty pants to distract the girl so I could suck the stone out of her." I smile to myself at the thought of Grace making an inappropriate joke at this moment. I stare down at the rabbit and he fidgets with a device. "We need to do this as quickly as possible so we don't miss our time jump."

"I'll be right back, okay? There's a wine cellar, that's just down there." Thor stumbles over his words and I can't stop myself from rolling my eyes. "Our father used to fish a huge barrel of ale. I'll see if the cellar has a couple of..."

"Thor you're drunk enough already," I step in his way only for a bang to echo in the hallway. Thor pulls the two of us behind a pillar, I gaze around it to find Frigga being followed by ladies.

"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket questions and it takes everything in me to not run up to her and hug her.

"She's our mother," Thor and I say in unison. "She dies today," I finish.

"That's today?" Rocket gazes at the two of us and we hang our heads low.

"I can't do this," Thor shakes his head and begins to breathe heavily. "I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea." I wrap my arms around Thor to hold him steady. "I think I'm having a panic attack. I can't do this, this is- this is bad..."

"Come here," Thor breaks away with tears in his eyes and Rocket points down in front of him. "Right here," and he slaps him.

"You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had: Quill, Groot, Drax, the chick with the antenna, all gone." Rocket growls before taking a deep breath and calming down. It takes everything in me to not stab him for what he's saying to Thor. "Now, I get the two of you miss your mom, but she's gone... really gone. And there are plenty of people only kinda gone, but you can help them. So is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs out of your beard, schmoopy talk to Pretty girl, and when she's not looking, suck the Infinity Stone and help get my family back?"

"Okay," Thor says trying to hold it all together. I cross my arms, more and more anger filling me.

"Are you crying?"

"No..." His voice cracks before tears stream down his cheeks. "Yes."

"Get it together," I send Rocket a glare and his face softens. "You can do this. You can do this, alright?"

"I can do this, I can do it." Thor looks up at me and begins to shake his head. "I can't do it."

He takes off down the hall and I chase after him, Rocket calls after us but we were already gone. We weave our way throughout the palace until we find her. Thor peaks behind a column, I create an illusion around myself and disappear for a moment when I see her step away from the ladies.