Chapter 93

The uniform is too big on me and I now understand why everyone became worried about me in the past five years. This was the same uniform I had worn all those years ago since we really did not have time to make a new one for me.

It feels strange to be back in it once again, after all these years of being away from it and wondering when we will bring everyone back I can finally look at it and feel the hope return to my chest. I cuff the sleeves and legs to make it tighter and walk out of the room.

Everyone freezes when I walk in, they all are still wearing their regular clothes and I guess Loki and I didn't get the memo. The screens display the locations of each of the stones and everyone stands to get a closer look at it. Power and soul stones are in space in 2014, the reality stone in Asgard in 2013, and the space, mind, and time stones in New York in 2012.

"Alright, we have a plan. Six stones, one shot," Steve begins and walks out the room to put his uniform on, everyone besides me and Loki follow suit since we're already wearing them. He looks at me, it's clear there is nervousness in his eyes.

"What if this doesn't work?" I question, staring out the window. This time it's not just my anxiety talking, whatever was shown to me last night won't stop broadcasting in my head and that damn song keeps playing on repeat.

"Love, we've come so far and this will work," he says placing his hand on my cheek. Footsteps echo down the hallway and I grip Loki's wrist and next thing I know he's on the floor and Tony stands in the doorway.

"And that's how you properly do a backflip," I casually flip my hair and smile at Tony.

"Yeah, no, that was not a backflip," Tony points between the two of us. "It was a flip over your back."

"So, a backflip?" I push and Tony stares at me like he was done with life and just sighs before leaving the room. I chuckle and offer Loki my hand which he takes, his thumb caresses the ring and smile courses on his lips.

"Alright, lovebirds let's go," Tony calls into the room and I find myself turning every shade of red. He must know but when I exit the room he's cracking up. "Yeah. no the two of you are not lovebirds."

I scoff and Tony hands me one of the wristlets, sending me another smirk before I walk away with a laugh escaping my lips. It fits a little loosely on my wrist following the little trend my suit is going with. It tightens to fit my bony arm and the moment it stops a white, red, and black uniform swarms around me. Chills vibrate throughout my body and I smile at the feeling.

When Loki walks out in his Avengers uniform, it takes everything in me to not smile like an idiot. Everyone will finally see him as I do: A hero.

Tony, Loki and I walk out and we all go by our groups, Nat and Clint keep themselves amidst in a conversation so I just stand there awkwardly making eye contact with Loki from across the room. He listens to his brother and I smile at how far their relationship has come and at the fact that Thor will be his Best Man at our wedding. I smile at Pietro when we share brief contact and he looks down smiling to himself.

Steve steps in front of us, his shield in his arm and he stands tall, showing confidence that this is going to work. He nods at us before walking out, leading us to the time machine.

The sun rises over the horizon and it brings me back to the day I packed my things and left for Tony and Pepper's house. I share a smile between everyone, not only because I know this is going to work but because I see all of us working together once again.

We step onto the platform and put all our fist in the middle. All of our hope and hard work towards this day finally paying off.

"Five years ago, we lost," Steve begins looking at each and every one of us. "We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket says, referring to Steve's speech.

"Right?" Scott exclaims, looking very excited especially since we're going through with his Time Heist.

"Alright, you heard the man!" Tony shouts, a smile won't leave his lips. "Stroke those keys, jolly green!"

My body trembles with excitement and I can see Loki smiling at me from the corner of my eye, I can't wait to come back to him and be able to tell everyone that this is the love of my life and I will be married to him soon enough.

Banner walks up to the platform and taps his wristlet, activating the machine.

"See you in a minute," Natasha smiles excitedly at all of us. The floor beneath us spins and the top circles above us creating clinks of music. A helmet wraps itself around my head before a light escapes out of the platform pulling us into it.

I follow Clint, Nebula, Rhodey, and Natasha through the Quantum Tunnel and with a burst of light we land on Morag. I land hard on the ground and when everyone else catches their baring they all stop to stare at me.

"What?" I question and everyone gestures to me. I gaze down and find a bright light spreading out of my chest and bursting to surround my body. I gently get lifted off the ground and energy courses its way throughout my body. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. All the stone's colors surround me and flames begin to circle until they all return to my chest.

I slowly descend to the ground and everyone stands with their mouths agape. The suit is suddenly tighter than it was moments ago and I gaze down at myself. My curves, I didn't realize were gone, have returned, the coloration on my skin replenished and the matted mess I called my hair has revitalized. A smile courses on my lips and I stare back up at my fellow teammates.

"I'm back baby."