soulmates- peter parker (part 3)

(a/n: warning this oneshot will be long too but don't worry i'll be making up with some steve imagines after)

Now you were beginning to wonder if stowing away on a jet to a mission which might end up in you dying was the best decision that you'd made.

Whatever. There wasn't anything you could really do to change that now.

The pounding of your feet jerked you out of your sleep, and you threw the door open to a bunch of surprised faces. "Y/N! You weren't supposed to come!" Tony scolded you. "You know what Buck said!"

"You can't just leave me behind like that. And anyways, I'm here, so it's kind of too late to turn back now," you scoffed, sliding your gun in your holster and retying your boots. Peter made eye-contact with you and grinned, which caused that ache in your chest to resurface.

This already seemed like it wasn't going to be easy for you.

Ignoring the pain, you stepped down the ramp and looked around at this city which was supposed to be Budapest. "Ah, the memories," Clint sighed, putting an arm around Natasha's shoulders.

"Budapest," she breathed out happily. "So romantic. We kicked ass and then he took me to the theater to watch a gory war movie. The best day ever."

"You guys got a really weird relationship going on," Peter noted. "I don't know what it is with grownups these days."

"Alright, guys," Steve's voice said into your all your comms, barking orders. "They're being held somewhere, we don't know, so we'll be splitting up into groups of twos and threes. Once you find them, give us the signal and we'll get over there ASAP. Understand?"

"Yep," everyone replied in unison.

"So if we see people shooting at us, that means they're bad, right, Cap?" Sam confirmed.

"Exactly."

You teamed up with Natasha, creeping down the halls and knocking out guards that you came across. "Y/N, we're going to have to split up. You take the right side and I take the left," Natasha poked your shoulder. "That way we can cover more space in a shorter amount of time."

Nodding, you made your way down the corridor. Removing your gun from your holster, you held it downward, pressing your back against the wall, ready to fire at anyone else who deserved it. You pushed open the door to the labs, peeking behind curtains and corners, while keeping your eyes peeled for any unfamiliar movements.

Suddenly you started coughing, which made you come to the conclusion that Natasha had activated a smoke bomb. There were muffled shouts and cursing, and hands of which you figured out belonged to HYDRA guards, swatting away at the thick smoke.

Smirking at how genius your friend was, you continued to creep around the labs, also keeping a lookout for any signs of unfamiliar movement.

"Wanda! Pietro!" you whisper-shouted, seeing two figures bound to their chairs. "Here!"

You approached Wanda with a defensive stance, and she lifted her head to meet your eyes, a relieved and terrified look on her face. Tearing the gags off of both of them, you frantically dug out your knife and began sawing away at the ropes. "Guys, please stop thrashing around or the ropes are going to cut into your skin! Pietro, stay still for God's sake!"

(a/n: their powers had been temporarily disabled in case you're wondering why they didn't escape ok ok continue now ;p)

Quickly, you sent out the signal for everyone to come over before resuming your work. Pietro began to mutter something in Russian and you gave him a questioning look. "What?"