protective cap- steve rogers

steve and Y/N go on a duo mission to take down a HYDRA base and save the hostages when Y/N gets shot in the process. he becomes super overprotective afterwards lol

Fury had announced to the team that he needed two members to go south down to Jamaica to take down the HYDRA base there, along with rescuing the SHIELD agents that were being held hostage, and all fingers immediately pointed to you and Steve. It was no surprise, though---but it wasn't just because of your unmatachable teamwork skills, however.

Everyone was also secretly shipping the two of you together, hoping that by spending some alone time together you'd finally realize it for yourselves.

"You ready?" Steve asked, looking over at you from the pilot's seat of the jet as he carefully maneuvered it down towards the landing spot.

"As ready as I'll ever be, Cap," you nodded.

"Status update, Y/N?" Clint's voice crackled through your comm. "Have you landed yet?"

"No. We're currently descending down towards the landing spot," you replied, "Steve's got it. We should be down in a minute."

"Got it. Let us know when you're inside."

"Roger that, Barton."

The back gates of the Quinjet were beginning to open, and you and Steve stood up, walking towards the back and getting your weapons along the way. You reloaded your sniper and slid your katana into its sheath before quickly testing out your powers.

"I don't see why you need those weapons if you can practically breathe fire," Steve commented.

"Sometimes I like to stab people, Steve," you smirked before letting the flames in your hand flicker out. "Killing people, the old fashioned way."

"Valid enough point," he shrugged before the two of you stepped down the ramp, and he quickly tugged you along by the wrist behind a rock.

"Jesus Christ, it's hot here," you panted, wiping the sweat already forming along your brow and seeing that Steve was also sweating as well, "what is this place?"

Steve looked up and around at his surroundings before responding. "Uh...Jamaica. It's humid."

"Damn. Out of all the places to put their base, HYDRA has to make it here," you groaned quietly.

"Language, Y/N."

You scoffed. "Stop being such an old man."

"Stop being childish."

You rolled your eyes before tapping your comm on and letting the others know that you'd landed and were about to enter the base.

"You lovebirds need to stop flirting because this mission is very important and we're all relying on you guys to save the day," you could practically see Sam rolling his eyes as he spoke.

"Watch it, Wilson, or I'll make sure you become one of those lifeless corpses you saw on the streets of our last mission," you warned.

"Someone's embarrassed."

"Shut up and let me focus," you muttered under your breath, turning your comm off and taking your gun into your hands.

You and Steve quietly discussed your plan to break in before quietly aproaching the base.

"We exit through the southeast entrance," Steve whispered as you snuck around a corner, pressing your backs against the wall. "You're going to take the top floor while I'm at the bottom. Get the hostages out while I clear a path for us, and meet at the rendezvous point we established previously. Got it?"