more than just mission partners- steve rogers (part 2)

╒═════════════════════╕

a continuation of the really crappy

and cliche oneshot i made

╘═════════════════════╛

WARNING: OVERLY CLICHE AND CRINGEY CONTENT AHEAD. THIS INCLUDES A REALLY CLICHE BALCONY SCENE, SO ITS GONNA BE REAAAAAAAAALLY CRINGEY

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

also Y/F/S = your favorite show

═════ ♢.✰.♢ ═════

When you woke up, you found yourself on the couch in the lounge, covered in a thick, fleece blanket that you swore wasn't on you before.

Vaguely, though, you remembered someone carrying you back but it all went hazy from there, because you were too tired to really care about your surroundings at the moment. You could still feel a dull, throbbing pain in your ankle but the feeling itself was mostly overcome by your tiredness.

You stood up and limped your way to the kitchen to grab something to drink, taking a Diet Coke out of the fridge and popping it open.

"You shouldn't be standing on that for prolonged periods, you know," you heard a voice say from behind you, turning around to see Steve leaning against the wall with a slight smile on his face. "Shouldn't you be resting?"

"I'm fine," you casually waved him off. "There's no need to worry."

"Really, Y/N, are you alright? Something's bothering you."

Jesus Christ, did this man read minds? you thought to yourself. Didn't know Captain America was a telepath.

You sighed and paused for a moment, contemplating his question before shaking your head. "No. I made a foolish mistake, and it's all my fault. I jeopardized not only the completion of the mission itself, but our safety."

"Your fault?" his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "In what way was it your fault? Things like this happen often so you shouldn't be blaming yourself. You couldn't help what happened."

"Yes, I could've," you muttered, "if I hadn't let my foolishness and feelings get in the way of completing my part of the mission."

His eyes suddenly flashed dark for a brief second. "Feelings? What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about," you huffed, before turning around on your heel and walking away, leaving him standing there to wonder what had gotten into you.

"Feelings for you."

═════ ♢.✰.♢ ═════

"Y/N, Tony wants to tell you to get down here for some team bonding."

"Go away, Nat," you mumbled into your pillow, burying yourself deeper underneath your bedsheets, though your hair was still wet from your lazy shower and you hadn't bothered to change into PJs. It wasn't even 7 pm, but still, you were tired out of your mind. "Tell him I say no because I'm sick and I feel like utter crap."

"You're gonna have to leave your room eventually, you know. We're watching Y/F/S, and I know you wouldn't miss an opportunity to binge an entire season."