movies- steve rogers

"Hey, Steve," you waved at your best friend as he walked into the kitchen to take a banana, before flopping onto the sofa in the lounge next to you, "what plans do you have on this lovely, too-hot-to-go-outside summer day?"

"Nothing," he groaned as he reached forward for the TV remote and clicked it on. "Jesus Christ. 101 degrees in New York? I thought I'd never live to see this day."

"Brooklyn's 104," you pointed out.

"And that's exactly my point, Y/N. We can't take a single step outside without sweat pouring down our backs."

You looked over and that was when you saw just how exhausted he looked, face flushed from the heat and his normally neat, dirty blonde hair all messy and tangled at the edges.

"I want to die," you groaned, leaning back against the couch and closing your eyes.

"I'd be glad to kill you both," Loki smirked, suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"Go away," you mumbled without even opening your eyes, "I didn't ask you."

"Well, you said you wanted to die."

"It's an expression, you idiot."

"Y/N, honey?" your dad, Tony called as he entered the lounge.

"Hm?" You looked up from watching the I Love Lucy reruns on TV with Steve, who was mindlessly eating caramel popcorn from the bowl placed on top of yours and his laps.

"How's going to the movies sound?"

"Is there air conditioning?"

"Yes."

"I'm in." you turned to Steve, raising an eyebrow at him, "and you?"

"Sure," he shrugged, "there's nothing else to do here, anyways."

"Meet outside in five minutes," Tony said, waving the tickets around. "Mission Impossible just came out and I was able to get opening day tickets, and rented out the entire theater because I can."

"YES!" you cheered, pumping a fist up in the air and exchanging a fist-bump with Steve. "I've been waiting for that to come out for two whole months! Clint and I even started a countdown calendar to the day of its release!"

...

The team was beginning to pile into the limo and you climbed in with Steve behind you not long after. Everyone was trying to hurry and get on because it was blazing hot and humid out, and they were desperate to keep the heat out of the car.

"Where to, team?" Phil turned around to look at you guys.

"Movie theater," Wanda responded, and he nodded. "We're watching the new Mission Impossible movie."

"Oh, I saw that this morning. You're absolutely going to love Fallout," he smiled before turning back around to refocus his gaze in front of him and starting the engine, the limo pulling out of the driveway and smoothly cruising down the street.

Within less than ten minutes, you'd pulled up to in front of the movie and got out, thanking Phil for the ride before exiting.

"Have fun!" he waved at you all before driving off. Tony went to the front to show the tickets and you went inside, chattering excitedly about the movie.

"So," Tony breathed out, clasping his hands together as you walked down the hallway towards and turned to the second door on the left. "Y/N, Steve, you guys are together in the front. System messed up when I tried booking, so we're a bit scattered."

"Good," you laughed, "because if there's a scary part I can scream and Stevie here isn't going to flinch at the sound."

Steve simply shook his head and laughed.