comfort- peter parker

"Suit up, kiddo," Tony, your father, poked his head in your doorway. "We're leaving in an hour."

"Where?"

"On the outskirts of Berlin."

"What?"

"You heard me, we're going to Germany. Meet us by the hangar bay and you'll get your weapons onboard."

"Got it," you replied, and went into the bathroom to change.

You zipped up your Inferno suit: which was black like Natasha's but had flare of it's own, the red, orange, and yellow accent streeaks curling around your collar and sleeves making it look as if it was actually on fire, before tying your hair up into a high ponytail and lacing up your boots.

Everyone was beginning to board the Quinjet when you arrived at the hangar bay, Peter swinging in right behind you and boarding right after you got on.

"Cap?" you turned to Steve as you strapped on your seatbelt, still unknowing of the full details of the mission. "What exactly is going on?"

"Well," Steve tapped his screen and swiped right a few times before getting to the page he needed, "HYDRA has a base in Germany and they're trying to take control of the city, and once they succeed in that, they'll demolish the entire city along with all it's people. We got a call from the German government to come in and take them down."

"Oh..." you nodded, sliding your guns into your holster. "But what about that last time in Berlin, with the Sokovia Accords and everything?"

"Apparently, they really need us and deem HYDRA big enough of a threat to forgive us and call us over to help," the Captain shrugged. "That part, I'm not completely sure about."

The Quinjet shot up into the air past the clouds, speeding through the sky at what would seem like an alarming rate from the outside. It went over 8 times faster than a typical plane, but gave a much smoother ride, although it might be nauseating to a few if you looked out the window while it was in motion.

You nervously drummed your fingers on your knee and silently prayed that you weren't going to be too late to the scene, not wanting to feel responsible for so many deaths because the weight would be much to heavy for you to bear. The last time you'd gone on a mission, it was barely two weeks ago and you'd made it just a second before the chaos hit: if you were any later, then it most likely would've been too late.

Just thinking that you wouldn't be able to save anyone in time terrified you: but you didn't dare tell any of the team about your fear because you assumed that they'd gone through much worse.

For the majority of the flight, you paced around the back of the jet and stared at your screen which tracked the jet's movements and recorded its activity, or simply sat in your seat and stared out the window at the clouds zooming past.

...

The sounds of explosions, gunshots, and screams met your ears as soon as you landed. Steve started barking orders, his voice flowing through into your comms, informing everyone as to who was teamed up with who and their assigned tasks.

You were to be with Clint and Natasha and fight off the guards, while Tony, Steve, Bucky, and Sam were to focus on taking down the HYDRA base, and the others had to create a diversion and evacuate the civilians.

"Kid, you alright?" Clint asked, watching your finger temble as it hovered over the trigger of your sniper.

"Mhm," you muttered, before pulling the trigger and hitting one of the HYDRA guards straight in the chest. The guard stumbled backwards before falling and slumping to the ground.