prank calls- steve rogers

<<a/n: I'm so sorry this oneshot sucks omg...and I'm also so so so sorry it's taken me forever to update oof>>

You, Natasha, Sam, Bucky, and Peter were bored out of your minds. Clint was sparring with Tony and Thor downstairs in the training room, Bruce was alone in his lab working on something. Natasha had nothing to do for the day, Peter was just bored, and Sam was just bored as well.

"What should we doooooo, it's so booooooring right now oh my god..." Peter whined, spreading across the floor like a starfish, blankly staring up at the ceiling with Sam doing the same thing right next to him. "I'm so bored."

"Same here," Natasha leaned back into the sofa, propping her feet up on the coffee table. "There's literally nothing to do."

"How about a prank call," Sam smirked.

"That sounds pretty fun," Bucky nodded.

"I like where you're going with this," you rubbed your hands together evilly. "Who should our victim be?"

"Steve," they all replied at once.

"Who's phone?"

"Yours."

"Why mine?"

"Because he likes you the most. Scratch that, he loves you. He won't suspect a thing."

"Ooh, we could use that No Caller ID trick," Peter clapped excitedly. "Ned and I prank-called Flash once and he never figured out that it was us. It prevents the other person from seeing the number."

"O-kay, Steve it is," you pulled out your phone, making sure to type in *67 before putting in Steve's number.

He picked up within three rings, his husky and deep voice drifting through your phone, "Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Rogers," Sam said in an exaggerated deep voice, taking your phone from your hands, "This is the New England Furnishing and Refrigerator Company, and we would like to check in and ask if your refrigerator is working."

"Uh...yes, it's working," Steve replied in a slightly confused tone, and it took everything for you and Peter not to burst out into laughter.

"Is your couch working as well?"

Peter snorted at this.

"Yes...my couch is working."

"That's great! Have a nice day, sir."

"You too."

Sam ended the call and began cackling like a witch. "Oh my god. That was epic."

"You guys are idiots," you shook your head, laughing as well, "but that was kind of funny."

"Your couch is working?" Natasha questioned. "A couch isn't an electronic."

"But that was so funny," Sam grinned, "he was so oblivious."

"Y/N, lemme give it a shot," Natasha turned to you, asking for permission before Sam handed your phone over to her. She dialed Steve's number again, also making sure to do the No Caller ID digits beforehand.

"Hello, is this Steve Rogers?"

"Yes, it is. Is this the New England---"

"Oh my god," you gripped Peter's shoulder, biting your lip to hold back from laughing any more, "that----"

"Cap is so oblivious," Peter commented. "Let's just hope he doesn't murder us when he comes back from his run and figures out it was us behind the calls."

"Hopefully we don't die," you agreed.

"No, sir, this is your local matchmaking service," Natasha said in a disguised tone.