faking it- steve rogers (part 2)

EDIT: i added some more dialogue towards the end so sorry that it's so long! I felt that there was something missing and wanted to make this part sound better, so here ya go

When you woke up, you felt a heavy weight pressing down on your waist and that was when you rolled over onto your side to see Steve asleep with his arm firmly wrapped around your torso, breathing softly against your hair and his face nuzzled into your neck. He looked so peaceful while asleep and the last thing you wanted to do was to wake him up, especially in a tightly locked position such as this one you were in.

Your cheeks flushed a bright red when you attempted to wiggle out of his grip the first time and felt him pull you back towards his broad chest. After waiting until his iron grip on you loosened slightly, you slowly and carefully wiggled out from underneath his arms to go to and change.

Once you got out of the bathroom, suit on and hair tied up and back into a high ponytail, Steve had just gotten up, noticing that you were awake, and smirked at you.

"What?" you questioned. "Is there something on my face?"

"You hugged me in your sleep," he smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"That was all you," you rolled your eyes. "You almost crushed all the bones in my body when I tried to escape. Sharing a bed with a super-soldier who can bench-press 500 pounds wasn't the best idea after all, I guess."

"It's called muscle, sweetheart," he grinned as he took his suit and went into the bathroom to change as well. "You liked it. I'm not only a master at fighting, but also an expert in the art of making women fall at my feet."

"Keep dreaming," you called after him. "Keep dreaming, all you want."

He wasn't wrong, though.

...

The two of you silently stepped into the elevator together and exited, making sure that you were holding hands as you did so to make the whole relationship believable.

"Ah, the two famous lovebirds," Tony chuckled, folding his hands at the table and watched as the two of you went to get your food before sitting down and taking your seats.

"Hi, Tony," you fake-smiled at your older brother. "You don't look like a crackhead for once."

"And you actually look happy for once," he shot back, giving you a knowing look. "I wonder why."

"I know why," Wanda raised her hand to speak up but you stopped her.

"No."

"Did someone fondue last night?" Sam wolf-whistled as he stuffed a piece of bacon into his mouth.

"Y/N, am I getting a little sibling?" Peter clapped excitedly, his face lighting up. "That would be amazing!"

"No, Pete," you sighed in exasperation, "ignore Sam. He's just being weird."

"Y/N, your cheeks are pink," he pointed out, causing the team to "ooooooh" in one voice, watching as your cheeks flushed an even brighter shade of pink.

"Definitely in love," Bruce nodded in approval. "I ship it."

Even as everyone around you teased you and Steve for being such 'lovebirds', you still had that uncomfortable feeling that deep down, something bad was going to happen, and wondered if your feelings for him were genuine or not. As much as you wanted to simply tell someone, you couldn't because if you did, everyone else would soon figure out that the whole thing was all a fake relationship. And Tony would never let you live that down.