skinny love- peter parker

【a fluffy lil oneshot, requested by the amazing @violet-the-wizzerd ! I'm sorry my writing isn't the best, it's been going down in quality lately for some reason but I've tried my best to make this as good as possible. I hope you enjoy reading this long crappy oneshot that I spent waaaay too much time on hehe <3】

Both you and Peter were extremely devoted to the cause of saving the world along with the rest of the team as Avengers together and as a result, were always paired up with Steve and Bucky to do the more difficult parts on missions because of your unmatched abilities to fight. From the moment the two of you first joined, everyone immediately saw the talent that you held.

Your genius mindset with more knowledge in the fields of biology, paleontology and logical way of thinking than most others, and fighting skills perfectly combined with all of Peter's skills to form what earned the two of you the label "The Iconic Duo."

The unfortunate thing was that yours and his tightly packed schedules didn't always overlap, so you only got to see each other around four times a week. You were either cooped up in the lab, waist-deep in research with Bruce, or sparring with Natasha.

Despite the fact that you weren't constantly around one another, you'd been close since fourth grade. As the daughter of the famous Bruce Banner and also with Tony Stark like a second father to you, you'd known him since before he'd become Spider-Man so you would have him over at the compound often after school.

The only negative sort of thing that came out of it was the fact that you spent so much time with him so you ended up developing feelings for him. No matter how many times you told yourself it was wrong and that it was cliche to fall for your best friend, for some reason, your heart refused to give up.

Peter found himself experiencing the same thing, too. It didn't take long for the rest of the team to figure this out, either. With all the lingering gazes and hugs, Bucky and Clint were the first ones to catch onto it all, Natasha and Wanda after that, and then your father, Steve, Tony, and the others.

It wasn't too common for anyone to see you in a cuddly mood such as this, because you weren't the typical, openly loving person. You were anything but overly affectionate, displaying barely anything but a tough persona and only cracking a small smile and a few hugs here and there most of the time. You could be loving when you wanted to, though, if you were in the mood at the moment.

You weren't exactly coldhearted, but rather just calm and collected and mostly keeping to yourself, which was a beneficial factor when it came to helping Bruce with research down in his lab, or sparring with the others.

Even when you'd been shot out on the battlefield right in the side, you barely even flinched when the wound was treated, nor did you cry out in pain, not even once. Peter liked seeing that hidden side of you because you always talked about how tough you were when in reality, he knew you were a big softie, inheriting similar qualities as your father's.

Today, he was particularly distracted thinking about you when he was training with Bucky and Steve.

"Come on, kiddo," Steve encouraged as Peter fell back against the boxing ring and offered him a hand, "what's up? You seem distracted today."

"Oh, um, I'm fine," Peter stuttered, letting Steve help him back up, "just a bit tired. Didn't get much sleep last night."

"Something's definitely up," Bucky stated, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes slightly in concern. "What's wrong? I know for a fact you slept at least eight hours because we didn't have our musical marathon the night before. You're never like this, Pete.."