tough love- peter parker (part two)

╒════════════════════╕

a continuation of the oneshot

in which he's almost too late

in realizing his feelings for her

╘════════════════════╛

honestly this oneshot series was pretty fun to write! as you may know already angsty soft imagines are my favorites hahah :P this second part is a lil longer but i couldn't really cut off the first part in the middle of dialogue so i moved the next scene here. enjoy this cringey content yeeeee

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

"You should get back inside," you heard Peter's familiar voice from behind you. "It's cold out and it isn't safe to be out here alone. You could get mugged."

"What are you doing here, Peter?" your turned around to look at him, and your voice came out as a barely audible whisper. "Just stop following me, will you?"

"Look, I'm sorry," he said. Peter carefully looked you up and down and tried to catch your gaze, but you refused to meet his eye. "I know I messed up."

"Damn right you did," you muttered as you kept walking down the sidewalk, increasing your pace. "Now leave me alone."

He quickly caught up to you, however, and took ahold of your wrist and spun you around to face him, so you had no other choice but to look him straight in the eyes.

Those chocolate-brown eyes that always lit up with excitement and curiosity. Damn you Parker and your perfect eyes, you mentally cursed to yourself.

"Let me go!" you protested as you tried to yank yourself free of his grip. "Parker! Let go of me right this instant!"

"Can you please just listen to me for a moment?" he pleaded as he loosened his hold that he had on you. You shook your head rapidly as you felt the familiar sting of tears to your eyes. "It's only for a minute."

"Give me one reason why," you angrily swiped away at your eyes with your free hand, "one reason why I should listen to you explain how your actions of secrecy were justified? That I should listen to you give me a sorry little list of reasons why she's not actually your girlfriend or that you don't actually like her? Of why she wouldn't be your first choice?"

"Look, I didn't mean what I said," he flinched slightly when he heard the cracked, raw edge to your voice. "I was stupid. I messed up and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean any of what I said, really-"

You looked up at him with your tear-stained face, firmly pressing your lips together to prevent a sob from escaping them. "Then why did you say that?"

"I wasn't thinking straight," Peter let out a sigh, reaching over to wipe your damp cheek with his thumb.

"You sounded like you meant every word of that and everything you did with her to me," you rolled your eyes, pushing his hand away from your face.

He let out another long sigh. "I'm sorry, really, I was just mad at the moment. And I know you have every right to be mad at me right now, not the other way around."

"Sorry doesn't cut it," you deadpanned, crossing your arms and rolling your eyes again. "All you're doing right now is repeating yourself."

"I don't have feelings for her, honest," he tried to reassure you, but his efforts didn't seem to be helping very much, "And I never will. We were just hanging out as friends, nothing more."