birthday- peter parker

"Okay, guys, this is going to be one of our most important missions yet," you slammed a hand down onto the glass table of the meeting room, where you and all the Avengers were gathered. "Peter's birthday is coming up, and we have exactly two days to prepare."

"That's this Saturday, yes?" Pietro confirmed.

"Mhm," you nodded. "Who'd like to be in charge of decorations?"

Wanda, Natasha, and Vision raised their hands. "Okay," you looked over at them, "we got our decoration team. Food?"

Thor and Bucky raised their hands. "Okay, you guys will be responsible for getting the cake and any other necessary foods. Dad, do you think you can do the guest list with someone?"

"Yup, we can do that," Tony pointed at himself and Steve.

"Alright, then. I'm going to be the one distracting Peter on that day. For those of you who I haven't assigned a job to, make sure to do your best in helping the others out. Does everyone understand what they're doing?"

"Yup," everyone replied in unison.

"Okay. Operation Happy Birthday Spider-Boi is now in play."

"Creative name, kiddo," Tony pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

"I know," you grinned. "This meeting is now concluded."

With that, everyone separated, and you walked out the doors of the meeting room.

Peter was right around the corner, just finishing the last bite of his chocolate chip cookie, when he looked up and saw you, the edges of his mouth turning up in a grin. "Hey!"

"Hi, Pete," you waved, trying to ignore the blush creeping up your face. You'd been best friends for as long as you could remember and somewhere along the way, you'd fallen for him.

How could you not, though? The boy was almost irresistible.

"Got a birthday coming up soon, huh?"

"Yup. It's the big seventeen," he said excitedly. "Should I feel old?"

"Nah," you waved that thought off. "You're good. So, what do you want to do this weekend? Anything you have in mind?"

"Maybe just a simple lunch at that really good Italian place downtown, then we could go to froyo," he suggested. "Nothing big, really."

"Yeah, we could do that. Oh! And a Star Wars movie marathon!"

"Hell yes," he gave you a high-five.

"Language," Steve warned, suddenly appearing out of nowhere with a chuckling Bucky by his side.

"Hahahahahaaaaa, you guys should've seen the looks on your faces. Man, it was priceless," Bucky cackled, clutching a hand to his stomach.

Then, when Peter left to go grab a snack, he lowered his voice to a whisper. "You got your plan down?"

"Got it," you whispered back. "He's going to be pretty distracted. Italian for lunch, then froyo, so you guys have plenty of time to prepare."

...

The big day couldn't come soon enough, and the Avengers were rushing around, coming in and out the door, making last-minute changes, adding on new ideas to your so-called 'grand plan' for Peter's birthday bash. Meanwhile, you were in the kitchen munching on a piece of castella for breakfast, mentally planning out what you were going to do to distract Peter today.

Right as you finished your train of thought, Peter came wandering into the kitchen, hair messed up and in his Midtown t-shirt and PJs. His face immediately lit up when he saw you, his million-dollar smile making you swoon internally.