are you ignoring me?- steve rogers

i'm literally SO sorry the quality of my oneshots have been literal crap these days and that I haven't updated in a while...I've been extremely busy with band and guard and high school in general haha but thank you guys for being so patient and for putting up with my awful writing lol

It's hard enough being in love with your best friend whom you've known for six years and loved for five, but it makes things so much more difficult when he's completely oblivious to how you feel.

"Daaaaaaaad," you groaned as you stepped downstairs to the lab, plopping down in front of his desk and spinning around in the chair.

"What's up, sweetheart?" Tony's brows furrowed together in concern when he saw the completely hollow and dead look in your eyes. "Something wrong?"

"Oh, hey, Y/N," the scientist nodded curtly before looking back down and and peering into the microscope, making any necessary adjustments, "Are you alright?"

"No," you sighed, spinning around in the work chair again as you ran a hand through your hair and stared at the paper of equations in front of you, "I don't know what to do. I'm stuck."

"Steve again?" Bruce raised an eyebrow, and you nodded. "Seriously, Y/N. Grow up, you're literally a grown woman now and you should be handling things with responsibility and stop hiding away like this. You can't keep avoiding him, it's not helping your cause in any way."

"Then what am I supposed to do?" you exclaimed. "I mean, wouldn't you feel like utter crap if the person you're so hopelessly in love with doesn't even have a single clue about how you feel?"

"Ignoring him and avoiding him like this won't get you very far, honey," Tony gave you a knowing look, "and if you want to get somewhere with Steve, you're eventually gonna have to tell him about your feelings towards him, you know."

"Why?"

"You said you wanted to get somewhere, right?"

"Yeah...but...for now...I think I'm just going to keep this up and wait..." you trailed off on your sentence as you thought for a moment. "Yup. I'm going to wait."

"You need to tell him how you feel. Then what's going to happen is that the two of you will both confess at the same time and you'll live happily ever after," Tony smirked, causing you to shoot him a death glare. "You've been avoiding him for nine days already. I think that's enough."

Bruce chuckled lightly. "You guys are so cute, I swear. You're going to be the death of me someday."

"No, Bruce, not you too," you groaned loudly again, deciding that focusing on the scientific equations in front of you would serve as a good enough distraction from thinking about Steve.

An passed and you were already on the last equation that was there on the paper. Scrunching your nose and tapping your pen against your chin, you thought about how to solve it for a moment until how to do so came to mind and you quickly scribbled down the work, coming down to the answer in a matter of minutes.

"Done!" you exclaimed, holding the paper up and pumping your fist in the air. "Finally!"

"What---b-but how, I was working on that thing for three hours straight the other night---" Tony spluttered, "how did you solve all this in an hour?"

"Science bro power," you smiled over at Bruce, who gave you a fist-bump. "See, this just one of the many things your wonderful daughter is good at."

"Well, you're certainly not good at confessing your feelings to Captain America," your father immediately shot back. "That's one counterexample."