savior- steve rogers (part 2)

╒═══════════════════╕

the second part following the

first part, where she becomes

the savior of her savior

╘═══════════════════╛

so I've included a quote from a kdrama in here...it hit me pretty hard when I watched it and I thought it'd be perfect for this kind of oneshot so here you go! Also I apologize for the decreasing quality of my oneshots...I'm kinda running out of ideas now :/ and warning: the end is really cringey because I don't know how to write well LOL

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

Steve could barely think straight at the moment, the anger and frustration built up in his body making his head hurt. The last few days had been a complete whirlwind of chaos with gunshots everywhere and bullets whizzing past him, and cries of agony from all around.

Initially, coping with the aftermath was tough as it was a more brutal mission than he was usually faced with, corpses and blood everywhere and the pungent smell of death lingering in the air long after the last shot rang out. And with all the thoughts that were swirling around in his brain, he ended up losing track of time, unable to remember if he'd been out here staring at the ocean for three minutes or for three hours.

The scene of you getting shot replayed over and over in his mind, making his heart clench in fear and his stomach twisting with guilt.

He didn't know what those unfamiliar feelings that he had felt back there, when they were taking you back onto the jet and straight to the medical wing when you touched down. What he did know, though, was that he'd felt an unquenchable desire to rip apart the bodies of every single HYDRA agent that had come into contact you and beat them brutally until they couldn't ever walk again, making sure they died a gruesome death.

It would be hard for him to admit how he felt, he couldn't admit how much he really cared. It was easier for him to pretend he didn't like you that way and give you the cold shoulder than to face himself with the hard truth: that he most certainly was falling in love with you, and falling hard. As long as he could pretend, maybe it wouldn't hurt his heart as much.

He was too distracted to notice you coming up behind him as well.

"Steve."

"What do you want?" he questioned impatiently, turning around and pasting a hollow, emotionless look on his face.

"I just want to check on you and see if you were okay."

"I told you I'm fine."

"Fine, then...don't you think you should come inside now? It's getting kind of cold."

"I'm fine," the super-soldier repeated coldly as he purposely tried avoiding eye contact. "I'll come in later."

"Okay," you shrugged as you turned to lean against the glass railing, focusing your eyes on the sapphire blue waves below. "Look, I just came out here to tell you I'm sorry for upsetting you. But also that I don't regret doing what I did because I had to do it, because it's not like I really had any other choice-"

"You did have a choice. No one forced you to do that. You didn't have to jump in and take that bullet." You could practically feel the anger radiating off his body as he spoke. "I don't need you to be my bodyguard, alright? You're not a human shield."