someone like you- steve rogers (part 2)

╒══════════════════╕

pt 2 to cliche oneshot

#1923894

╘══════════════════╛

this book gives me life even though it makes me cringe at times

sorry if it seems kinda rushed towards the end, it's literally 2 am as I'm typing this up. I just wanted to publish another chapter for you guys to make up for the lack of updates this past week so I hope you can forgive me for that lol.

I'll most likely end up editing this later on, though.

but damn was my writing always this bad ??!?!?!!!???

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

After yet another night of crying yourself to sleep until your throat felt sore in the morning, you finally found the will to drag yourself out of bed. Lazily dragging a brush through your hair, you changed into a pair of training pants and a loose tank top, barely caring about your appearance.

The day passed by as it usually did, filled with you attacking the hell out of a punching bag until your knuckles began to crack and bleed and Clint had to drag you out of the training room to keep you from getting injured any further, staying in the lab all day to help Bruce and your father because you didn't have anything else to do, and denying food because you felt too sick to eat.

"Y/N, honey," Tony sighed as he put his pen down, looking over at you with concern. "Are you alright?"

You looked up to meet his concerned gaze. "Did you get any calls about his return?"

"Not yet," he shook his head, giving you an apologetic look, "but Fury said to be ready for one."

You let out a loud sigh in response and rested your head against the cool metal of the table, closing your eyes.

"I think you're lovesick, Y/N," Bruce stated quietly, after doing a quick scan of your vitals. "I can't tell you that anything's wrong with you because nothing is. You're perfectly fine and that's the only conclusion I can come to with what I know."

"That's not possible," you mumbled, "if I'm not in love with him. The feelings will just disappear eventually anyways."

"But you are," both men said in unison. "Love and like are two different things."

You looked up at the two men with a dead look. "I just miss him. That's all."

Natasha, who was silently listening in, pushed himself away from the wall she was leaning against and walked towards you. "It's pretty clear you feel more than just that. Love makes people do things they normally wouldn't do if they were fully sane, it's more common than you think."

"Yeah, I gotta agree with that!" you heard a muffled voice say from somewhere up above. "Although you are already a bit insane, Y/N, I think I have to blame for part of that if I'm being honest."

"Clint, get down from the vents!" Natasha yelled as she looked up towards the ceiling, cupping her hands over her mouth.

"Dammit."

The archer hopped down from his hiding place in the vents, dusting his clothes off. "...But honestly, Y/N, you need to do something about your feelings for him. Look what it's doing to you, you're practically going insane because you're bottling it all up inside."