the best fake boyfriend- steve rogers (part 1)

<<a/n: warning this is kinda long oopsie but i love the ending bc it's like to all the boys i've loved before eeee>>

"Hi, sweetie!" your mom's voice came through the phone in a cheerful tone. "How's it going over there? Is the superhero life treating you alright?"

"Mhm, it's really nice," you nodded, adjusting the phone against your shoulder as you cleared some things off your desk. "Although I sometimes wake up by Tony blasting AC/DC and having a solo dance party at three in the morning."

"Oh, I see," she chuckled. "Did you get shot yet on any missions? Or stabbed?"

"Only twice," you joked. "One to the stomach, and a knife in the thigh."

"What?!"

"I'm kidding. I was just grazed by a bullet on the shoulder only once. I've had a few cuts here and there, but nothing serious or life-threatening."

"Thank goodness you're alive, honey. Those HYDRA agents sound like total jerks."

"Of course they are," you laughed, "they're attempting to take over the world. What do you expect?"

"Uh huh. And how's your love life going on? Do you have a boyfriend yet? I do hope that you can find time for a relationship, although I know you can be pretty preoccupied at times..."

"Yep!" you exclaimed without thinking.

Oops.

Shit.

What did I do?

I'm doomed.

"Really?"

"He's amazing," you fake-sighed. "Six months strong!"

"That's great, sweetie! Well, I was just calling to let you know that there's a family reunion coming up tomorrow night at our place. Auntie Jamie really wants to see you again, since you missed out last time! Everyone's looking forward to seeing you."

"Don't worry, I'll be there," you reassured her.

"Make sure to bring your boyfriend along! We'd love to meet him!"

"Uh...o-okay," you stuttered into the phone. "He'll be there, too."

"Bye, love you!"

"Okay, bye," and with that, you hung up, shaking violently.

What did you do?

You'd accidentally let slip that you weren't single and you were in a relationship to your mother, and now, you would have to bring your nonexistent boyfriend to your family reunion.

If you didn't, God knows what could happen to your reputation.

You shuffled into Natasha's room like a zombie, flopping back against her bed as you let out a loud groan.

"Woah," Natasha looked up from where she was playing cards with Wanda, "did Clint jump down from the vents and steal your chicken nuggets again?"

"No, I just got myself into huge trouble," you slapped a palm to your forehead before proceeding to scream into one of her fluffy pillows.

"What happened?" Wanda set down her cards and looked at you with concern. "Is something wrong?"

"Yes, something is very wrong," you stared up at the ceiling. "My mom called and said that there's a giant family reunion at our house tomorrow for dinner..."

"What's so bad about that? Family reunions are normal."

"I'm getting there! Anyways, I accidentally let slip that I had a boyfriend...even though I don't. Now she wants to meet him and I have to bring him to the family reunion tomorrow night!"