forever and always with you- peter parker

╒══════════════════╕

in which he never breaks

his promise, and stays by

her no matter what happens

╘══════════════════╛

THIS IS LIKE 3000 WORDS IM SO SORRY BUT PLS READ TILL THE END ITS ANGSTY BUT HAS A REALLY CUTE ENDING IM SORRY HAHHA THIS SUCKS

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

"Try and stay safe out there, please?" you pleaded as you gave your father one final hug before he began to board the SHIELD helicarrier with Coulson, Tony, Clint, and several others. "Promise me."

"Honey, I'm going to be fine," he reassured you, leaning down to kiss your forehead. "Make sure to listen to Steve for me while I'm gone, okay?"

"Yeah, I will," you choked out, pressing a hand to your mouth as the super-soldier put a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you more, sweetheart. Now, do me a favor meanwhile and keep this safe for me, since I don't want to lose it in action, alright? I'll see you soon." He pressed something cold and hard into your hand and when you opened your fingers his favorite golden watch was resting in your palm, glittering whenever it caught the light.

He gave you a small wave and smile, which you returned, before he turned around and stepped up the ramp to board.

"And you too, Pete," you called after Peter, who quickly sprinted back down to pull you into a quick embrace, "don't do something stupid that'll get yourself or someone else hurt or killed, alright?"

"Don't worry, I won't," he chuckled, "we're all going to be just fine. See you."

"See you soon."

The hangar bay's giant doors slid open and within minutes, the helicarrier had taken off and was speeding up into the endless blue skies, slowly becoming swallowed by the fluffy white clouds dotting the vast expanse.

"Relax," Steve sent you a reassuring look as he noticed how tensed up you were, gently rubbing your shoulder. "They'll be okay, sweetheart."

"Let's hope it turns out that way," you murmured as your gaze lingered on the sky for a while longer. "All we can do now is hope. What they're doing right now is really risky."

"We can't predict the odds, but I know they'll come back successful. You know how they all are."

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

The next two weeks passed by agonizingly slow, and it felt as if it had been two months instead. Steve, Natasha, Bucky and Bruce took care of you during that time. When you needed a sparring partner because Peter was gone and didn't have anyone else, Steve or Bucky would volunteer to verse you, trying to go a bit easier because they knew they'd be dead if they hurt you in any way. Nonetheless, you still had fun.

It seemed like another two years before you heard the familiar whirring of the helicarrier making its descent down towards the ground, steadily slowing down before navigating inside the hangar bay and coming to a complete spot.

You frantically began looking out for two familiar figures and your shoulders sagged in relief when you saw a flash of red, black and blue.

"Oh my god, Peter, oh my god," you mumbled as you threw your arms around Peter's neck and he pulled you into a tight embrace, "oh my god, oh my god, I thought something bad had happened when you didn't come back right away-"