oops, i think i caught feelings- steve rogers

enjoy this crappy oneshot. im sorry my writing sucks lol :) fyi in any oneshots when tony's your dad, you're going to be 25 while Steve is 26. lol

"Morning, Cap," you waved as Steve walked into the kitchen, running a hand through his messy blonde hair.

"Hey," he greeted, quickly kissing your forehead before sitting down in between you and Natasha. "Anything new?"

"No," Natasha answered for you, "Except for the fact that you guys are acting like a couple."

"We're not a couple," you and Steve said at the same time.

The team was right when they said you and Steve were really close, though. Having known each other for over five years, you'd grown to be really good friends. You were always friendly towards each other, and it had become a customary thing for him to greet you with a kiss on the forehead or a hug so you didn't really think much of it.

And that was what drove everyone crazy, beacuse they could all see that you were acting like a couple but were failing to realize the fact.

"Y/N, honey," Tony gave you a hard stare. "Really?"

"What?" your eyes widened as you reached over to Steve's plate, taking a bite of his toast. "Why are you guys all looking at us like we killed someone?"

"You know why."

"Tony," Steve warned. "Don't."

"I'm not giving up on my ship."

"Yes, I must agree with the Man of Iron," Thor nodded, a wide grin on his face. "You guys are quite adorable together, I have to say."

"Thor. Seriously?"

"I cannot give up on this boat."

"Ship, Thor. You mean ship," Bruce corrected.

"It's not called a boat name?" he tilted his head to the side slightly.

"No, it's called ship."

"Then, I ship it," the grin on his face only widened and he got up, patting your head. "Good luck, little people."

You groaned and buried your head in your hands.

...

Now that the team had brought up the idea of you and Steve potentially being the 'best couple ever', you were having trouble focusing as Fury debriefed your next mission. You refused to meet Steve's gaze across the glass table, knowing that if you made eye contact it'd only make you even more distracted and cause your heart to race.

You zoned out, doodling on your notepad until Fury stated that on the screen was the list of names, put into groups for the missions. Looking up, you saw that you were with your father, Natasha, and Clint.

"You alright?" Bucky asked as the meeting was concluded and everyone scattered, preparing for tomorrow morning. "You seemed distracted."

"Hm? What?" your brows furrowed together in confusion as you walked down the hall side by side, "I'm fine. Why?"

"Is it Steve?"

"N-no," you lied quickly. "I don't like him that way."

"Sure," he smirked. "Sure you don't."

"I don't! Just because he hugged me doesn't mean we're together!"

"But you guys cuddle...a lot..." he raised an eyebrow at you, "I could probably list everything that proves you guys are in love, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't take any of it for granted."

"What are you talking about?"

"You'll see for yourself. You know how you've always been paired up together, but this isn't the case."