catching feels- peter parker (part 2)

╒══════════════════╕

in which she finally accepts

that she's in love with him

and he does as well

╘══════════════════╛

ok here we goooo a slightly angsty beginning but eh. i got inspo and @coldpepperoni is being an awesome m8 by helping me cowrite a oneshot! and giving me really good prompts reeeeee

IT GETS SUPER CRINGEY AND BADLY WRITTEN TOWARDS THE END IM SO SORRYYyyYyyYy

ALSO SECOND DAD STEVE DJFLKSDJFLDSJF

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

Clint sped the team to SHIELD HQ's as fast as the jet could go, and you managed to make it there almost an hour faster than you'd hoped. You'd also made good timing, as Helen was just outside talking to an agent when you landed, so she was able to take Peter in right away.

You insisted on sticking by his side the entire time but weren't allowed to go inside the operation room, so you simply stood outside to watch as that was the most you could do.

"So this probably isn't the right time for me to say this, seeing the condition that you're in right now but I thought, might as well get this over with and just say it. I want to start off by saying I'm sorry," you cleared your throat, pressing a hand up against the one-way glass, "for not keeping a close enough watch on you because if I had, you wouldn't be under the knife right now. I should've done what I was told and kept a close watch on you but I didn't. And I'm sorry for that. For being careless."

You choked back your tears but continued speaking anyways. "Can you believe it? It has to take you being on the verge of death for me to admit my feelings. You have to be on the verge of death and fighting for your life, so that I feel pressured to finally tell you that I'm in love with you. Yeah, I said it. I'm in love with you, Parker. And as much as I keep trying to convince myself otherwise, I can't keep denying it anymore. It's easier for me to say that I don't like you like that and that we're just friends rather than facing the truth itself. But friends don't cry over other friends whom they're so in love with when they're dying in a hospital, and profess their feelings to them when they can't even hear you, do they? I ignored you just because of one silly text and now I'm about to lose my opportunity to tell you how I feel.

"I wasn't looking for anything at all when I first met you. Actually, I wasn't planning on falling for anyone so soon. But then I met you. And that was it...I guess things just happened. When we were sitting together and laughing over something stupid at 4 a.m and I felt the butterflies in my stomach, I knew I was screwed. I knew that I'd fallen for you, and I'd fallen hard-"

You didn't even get to finish your sentence before you broke down into heaving sobs that ripped through your chest and your heart like a flood with hot tears stinging and burning their way down your face.

"Y/N, angel, what's wrong?" Steve approached you carefully and sat you down next to him, gathering your figure into his warm arms and smoothing your hair back. "You okay?"

You shook your head in reply; being unable to speak because every time you attempted to open your mouth you'd be overcome by another round of tears. The super-soldier let out a long sigh and simply rubbed soothing circles on your back in an attempt to calm you down.