couldn't save them- peter parker (part 1)

When Peter didn't show up at school on Monday, you were concerned. He'd never miss school, unless you guys were all going on a mission with the Avengers or if he was deathly sick. But he didn't give you any notification or signal, no text, no call to tell you why he wasn't here.

So when he didn't show up on Tuesday or Wednesday, this got you to panic. "Ned? Ned!" you called out, waving him over.

"Yeah, what's up?'

"Do you know where Peter is? I haven't seen him all week."

"No...he never called me...did he call you?"

"No, he didn't. Did MJ say anything?"

"Well, she told me that she didn't get anything from him either. I just came back from asking her."

"Oh," you said quietly, looking down at the ground. "Well...see you at lunch."

"See you," he waved, walking off. You sighed and looked around, hoping that he'd come back soon.

-----

It was really long and boring to wait for the clock to strike 3 p.m. You zoned out in half your classes and didn't eat anything during lunch, still worried about Peter's whereabouts. You barely paid any attention to your surroundings, and neither did Ned or Mj. All of you were kind of just, well, zoned out.

Maybe he was sick?

Maybe.

But hopefully not.

You waited outside on the curb until Happy pulled up in the black sports car. "How was school?" he asked.

"Fine, but Peter didn't show up today, again," you replied. "Do you have any clue on what's going on?"

"Sorry, kid, but no. Tony has been trying to get in contact with him as well, but he wouldn't pick up the phone."

"Oh, alright."

With that, you headed back to the Avengers compound, pulling into the driveway within twenty minutes. Again, you asked everyone the same question: where Peter was. All of them answered either "I don't know" or "Where is he?" or "I literally have no clue. I stay inside all day and don't bother with the outside world" (That last response was Vision, who preferred to lounge around and eat all the desserts).

Dinner came, so did the evening training session, and you were restless. Everyone was asking everyone about where he was, but nobody could successfully contact him, because his phone went straight to voicemail every time.

Convincing yourself that he'd be fine and that he'd come back within the next day, you continued on with punching the punching bag in front of you. You let out all your frustration into it with so much force that it explodes, the sand inside spilling out onto the ground.

Pietro zooms in with a broom and a brushpan, sweeping the mess up within seconds. "Thanks," you thanked him.

"No prob." He zooms away, broom and brushpan still in hand, along with a tiny trash can.

Later that night, you're having trouble doing homework, and falling asleep. Thoughts of Peter keep invading your mind, causing you to stay awake and not be able to close your eyes for longer than ten seconds.

So you get up and head to the living room, sitting down on the couch and turning the TV on, flipping channels when bright, flashing letters interrupt you:

BREAKING NEWS: DRIVE-BY ON 52ND, 2 KILLED, 5 INJURED

The reporter begins to explain what happened, and as she starts talking you hear wailing sirens, ambulances with paramedics loading people onto stretchers, but the worst part is, you can literally see every little detail, the blood and gore and everything, causing you to gag and turn your head away.