is this really love?- peter parker (part 1)

【lmao idek what this shitty oneshot is...I apologize once again for the terrible quality of my oneshots and I hope that you can forgive me, I've been so stressed out lately with everything that's been going on and stuff. I'll edit later if I have time lol, bc I also have a football game which I'm performing at tomorrow night and I'm scared as hell so wish me luck with that and also for my awful writing skills to magically improve hehe love y'all】

The awkward tension floating around in the air between you and your best friend, Peter,was quite clear---it was a strained, unspoken agreement that not talking about yesterday was the best option to go for. You weren't going to be the one who brought up completely exploding at him for simply talking to another girl; especially when the two of you weren't even dating.

Neither were you going to be the one who first mentioned that you'd been playing the cold shoulder card on him for the past three weeks before the event itself occured, in the hopes of it somehow making him realize your feelings for him, but the plan backfired instead of going the way you wished for it to.

Your relationship with him hadn't been the steadiest for the past few weeks, and had only gone downhill from each following day.

Still---it wasn't exactly your fault that you fell for him, you couldn't control how you felt and just thinking that it was unlikely he even felt the same way as you did, stung. Even though you knew that the outcomes were probably not going to turn out in your favor.

The fact that you were leaving soon did nothing to make you feel better about telling him how you really felt, either, only adding to the countless burdens pressing down on your shoulders.

"Hey," you greeted quietly as you walked into the lounge.

"Oh, hey," he looked up from where he was doing his homework at the kitchen island to meet your gaze for a brief moment, then looking back down again.

You let out a loud sigh and crossed your arms over your chest, leaning against the fridge slightly. "Look, I'm leaving soon. Steve, Bucky, Sam and I were called out by Fury earlier this morning on a mission that we're leaving for tonight. Just wanted to give you a heads-up, and Nat's going to be your sparring partner until we all get back because Bucky'll be gone."

"Oh. Okay," he shrugged before turning back to continue what he'd been doing previously. "That's nice."

You felt a pang of annoyance at his cold tone of voice, though you knew that part of it was your fault, anyways.

"It'll take a week, tops. I shouldn't be gone for any longer," you explained briefly.

He turned back to look at you again at your statement, and it took all you had in you not to flinch at his eyes that were completely void of any emotion. "Oh...then...good luck, I guess."

"Yeah, we're definitely gonna need some of that," you grumbled under your breath before storming away to suit up and get your things and meet the others at the Quinjet. "Like you ever really cared about my well-being, anyways."

You didn't bother to look back as you walked away at his reaction, whether he heard you or not.

...

Angrily boarding the Quinjet all suited up and with your weapons in tow, you set your things down in the back, securing them before returning to the front, sitting down as the jet prepared for takeoff and shot up into the skies.