Part 5

Khushi age-15, Arnav age-17

It was Arnav's classmate Payal's birthday, she has invited her classmates on her birthday party. Akash reached at Arnav's place in evening as they both were going together, Khushi was having chowmein with Anjali.

Akash-Hey Khushi!!( he called her seeing her.)

Khushi turned her head- Hi..Akash. Going anywhere??

Akash nodded his head- Yup, you know Payal, right?? Payal Sharma??

Khushi- Yeah.. She sings well, right??(she asked resting her elbow on chair, playing with fork)

Akash-Yeah..It's her birthday party.

Khushi-Wow.. You guys are invited or are going without invitation..

Before Akash could reply, a paper ball hit Khushi's head, even without seeing she knew who hit her-Arghh!! Arnav!!

Arnav asked while tying his shoelace- Why do you think all are like you?? The one person who can die for food is YOU by the way, (he turned to Akash) Akash, you know once it was Di's friend's birthday and Khushi went there with Di..even without any proper invitation.. Bhukad!!

Her jaw dropped- You lier.. Di's friends invited me too..

Arnav nodded his head, replied mockingly- Yeah..After you nagging her where Di is going??

Khushi stamped her feet, turned to Anjali- Di..

Arnav grinned seeing her- Even look at you now.. Few time back you were attacking those swissroles and now this chowmein.. That's why I was why in our country is having food scarcity some times?? You have become fatty..like a pumpkin!!

He left from there teasing her once again, throwing a paper made rocket towards her.

Arnav and Akash wished Payal. Arnav presented a beautiful pen, while Akash gave her a quite larger gift packet. Seeing that Arnav looked at Akash and pushed him by his shoulder- what's this??

Akash- You will see.. wait and watch buddy.

Payal unwrapped the packet, there she found a mobile phone. Arnav's eyes reached high- Phone?? Have you stolen Akash??(he asked dangeriously)

Akash hit him- Shut up..You will spoil my name one day Arnav.

Payal thanked them both, giving one shy smile to Akash. Arnav just could not make out anything from this gestures of their. He pulled Akash a little away- What's going on between you and Payal, Akash??

Akash replied giving one smile to Payal- A special gift for my beautiful girlfriend!!

Arnav raised his brow- Excuse me..Did you just say girlfriend??

Akash-Yup.. And for you kind information, let me tell I gifted her from my own earned money.. (Arnav was looking at him confusingly..) My cousin told me about this, this is very easy task. You have to distribute pamphlets for the organization and in return they will give you Rs10 for each 100 pamphlets. That's it..

Arnav- And you did this for Payal??(he asked uncertainly)

Akash nodded his head- Some special things should be done for special friends, unless how can you refer them as your special friends??

Arnav-Special??

Akash-Yes.. Like Khushi.. I know, I know. ( he teased him..)

Arnav- Are you nuts Akash??(he was surprised seeing Akash teasing him with her name..)

**************************

Arnav was reading his book, late at night in his room, but his mind was still ringing with Akash'a words. Special friends..special treatment!! But who is his special friend?? Akash..NO.. Naina..again NO...Ajit..NO.. Atul..NO.. Simran..NO.. Then who the hell??

Suddenly a loud knock came across his door- Arnav!!!

Arnav frowned looking behind at close door. What is she doing at this hour??

He got up, opened the door and she barged in like a storm.

"Khushi!!", he called her name angrily seeing her messing his bed climbing on it.

"Get down from my bed.."

"Why??"

"Because I say so.."

She pouted her lips, came down. Arnav went back to his study table, Khushi took out some gems candies from her PJ pocket and popped into her mouth.

"What are you studying so seriously??", asked Khushi coming to his desk.

Arnav replied- Internal is coming up in a week.. and By the way.. Why are you roaming around like you are a kindergarten kid?? And this gems..Are you..

Before he could complete his sentence, she pushed all candies from pocket into his mouth, making his eyes got widen and said giggling- Kyun ki No umar for lalach..

Arnav stared at her when she laughed seeing him finding it difficulty to have all these candies together.

Khushi-Aww..Chotey can't eat..(asked Khushi teasingly, Arnav rolled his eyes.)

Arnav-Don't call me that.. And you too stop having so many chocolates.. Because I am not going to come anywhere with a chubby person like you.. After all it's all about my reputation.

She hit him on his shoulder- I knew it..I knew it.. That's why you roam around with Naina, right??

Arnav asked surprisingly, from where did this Naina come??

Arnav-Naina!! When??

Khushi- I hate this girl..when she says hi..she sounds so ridiculous.. and Yuck.. I hate her attitude..always behaving like a princess, and clings to you!! Should I tell Mumma about you and that drumstick??

Arnav laughed- Friend hai meri..

Khushi- Ohh..Really?? then why don't you ever talk to me in school?? I'm your friend too.. In fact I should be the special one.. Because I stay here with you not Naina!!!!

She said whatever came in her brain!! She is too difficult when it comes to hide anything?? She might be innocent, childish but at the same time she can't let go the thing, she thinks is dearer to her!!!

Arnav remembered Akash'a teasing, then her naive words!! What's the meaning of this special friend?? And is she his that special friend for whom Akash was referring to do special treatment!!

Khushi's face was all turned red due to high density of anger, her cute nose admiring her both chubby cheeks raising its tiny head. Her cheeks were all red, like apple!!!

******************

Months later..

Khushi turned her head, seeing Arnav entering in one evening in her room. They had once again fight. Arnav stood in front of her and handed her a small packet. Khushi looked back at him, scrunching her brows- Are you bribing me??

Arnav sighed- Open it..(he ordered)

Khushi-Kyun kholu main??

Arnav- Because I said so!!

Khushi opened the small packet, cursing Arnav numerous times. When she opened the packet, there was a wristwatch, a cute one!! Her lips broke into a automatic smile..

Arnav smiled seeing that bright smile on her lips- Acha laga??

Khushi nodded her head- It's so beautiful.. Should I keep it??

Arnav-Yes..

When she was busy in admiring the watch on her milky wrist, Arnav stopped at door way!! Is this what Akash was referring as special feeling?? There is a different joy, spending his first earning on her. This was so unlike!!