Part 88

Anita and Khushi were busy in selecting stuffs for the unborn baby of Anjali and Karan, they both were excited like a kid. Arnav was too present there, but working on his laptop sitting on another bamboo couch in front of them in balcony . Winter was going to step in soon, atmosphere was too good. He had off from office and Khushi had returned earlier. Though he was engrossed in his work, his ears never failed to hear Anita and Khushi's argument over selecting things not only for little one who was coming but also for the big one who was with them, Kaira!!

"Maa.. I really think we should choose pink color woolen for sweater!! Pink looks cute on baby girls."

" And you already know it's going to be a girl.. What if it's a boy??"

"I know this is going to be another Kaira Maa.."

"Ohkay.. What is we get a little boy version of Kaira??"

" Then we will put him on sale in OLX!!"

"Excuse Me!!"

Anita and Khushi turned their heads hearing Arnav's voice who was not saying anything till now. Raising his brow, Arnav asked.

" What did you just say??"

Shuddering her shoulder, Khushi replied.

" That if the baby is going to be a boy, we will exchange him on OLX!!"

"Are you out of your sense?? Dare you think so again Khushi.. (he said loudly.) And what problem do you have with a boy??"

" Because Baby boys are too boring.. (Anita and Arnav stared at her. Khushi continued.) If you want to gift something to a baby boy, then what will you gift him apart from toys and clothes?? And after he grows old, then too there is very less stuffs to gift a boy!!! But if you have a girl, you have thousands of gift for her, and more over obviously girls are cuter than boy!! That's truth.. Baby boys are irritating."

"Ohh Really?? Tumhe kafi knowledge hai??"

Khushi blinked her eyes, Anita hide her smile.

"Baby is a baby Khushi.. And this stereotype concept of pink for girl and blue for boy is really the worst thinking!!"

Khushi's jaw dropped, was not he directly making fun of her choice??

"And you know some really cool idea then??"

" At least better than you.."

" Then come and help us selecting stuffs for the baby!!"

She said challenging him through eyes as she knew he hates this task of choosing and selecting things especially clothing. He just picks up anything from store or from wardrobe and wears it.  And for her it is a mystery that even after this he manages to look as tempting as ever.

 Arnav watched her few seconds, then got up. As Anita and Khushi were sitting together on couch, there was no space available for him. Standing behind them, Arnav leaned on the backrest of sofa and said to Anita while scrolling down on laptop screen.

" Maa.. Select white woolen for sweater and some bright colour woolen designing on it. It will go for both girl and baby!!"

He gave a look at his left side at Khushi who was staring at him annoyingly as he was intervening in between her and Anita. Though she had asked him to suggest his ideas, but seeing him actual doing so she did not appreciate as she was wishing Maa to weave something of her choice for the cute unborn baby. Seeing him enjoying and teasing her through eyes, Khushi twisted her lips.

"Maa.. But for Kaira we will select pink.. PLEASE!!"

She behaved as if they were both on some completion of win and lose. Arnav shook his head at her antics and went back to his work. Spreading his legs lazily on coffee table,  Arnav shut his eyes leaning against backrest.