Part 34

"Talk to Maa, Papa.."

Khushi looked up, his sudden appearance made her feel uneasy. But she gripped herself and concentrated on making coffee for herself.. Taking some slices of bread, she went to toaster. She behaved as if none was there apart from her. He was standing at a safe distance..

"Khushi.. Talk to Maa Papa.."

She said nothing, Arnav inhaled deeply trying to prepare himself for this conversation. 

 " What I did is between you and me.. Stop dragging them, they are already hurt because of all these.."

She again did not turn around or respond.

"Baat karo mujhse Khushi.." (Talk to me Khushi..)

She was done with toast and coffee, arranging on plate she made her way towards her room when she was forced to stop. Arnav came and stood in front of her..

"Leave my way.."

"I will.. But first talk to Maa.. You are not talking to her for last 10 days, do you realize it??"

"Ohh.. Really?? I did not know..", there was sarcasm in her voice.

Arnav shut his eyes and took a step towards her and she took two steps back..

"I am not asking you to talk to me.., I am asking you to talk.. to talk to them.Understand it ... Is it too much??", there was desperation in his voice when he looked into her eyes. He can't simply see this drift between her and their parents, this separation among these three disturbed his heart like nothing. Since very beginning of his life he had seen the close bond among them and deep down he knew he admired their bond!! 

And today these three were standing differently under same roof . Maa was so hurt and Papa so disturbed!! He could not see them like this.. He knew how important Khushi was for Maa Papa and he just wished everything went back to its normal mode.

Khushi stood not saying anything.. Turning around she kept the tray back and faced him..

"You know what Arnav Singh Raizada.. This baseless marriage stunt that you had performed that night has not given you any damn rights to demand anything from me, nor you can to tell me what I should do and not.. About Maa Baba.. I don't want your advice.. Never think you can control my life Arnav..", she crossed her arms against her chest. Her eyes spit fire.

They both stood, gazing at each other!! None was ready to break that eye contact until they heard..

"Chotey.. Khushi!!"

Arnav turned around hearing Anita.. Anita came towards them hoping they were talking civil, she was tired of this war..

"What is happening here??"

"Nothing Maa..", Arnav tried to avoid not wishing to worry Anita more.

"What nothing.. Of course something was happening here Arnav.. Did you just forget??", interpreted Khushi.

"Khushi stop it..", his voice raised though trying to maintain his calm. 

"No, I'll not!! And Maa , let me tell you what he was saying.. He came here to ask me to talk to you and Baba.. Actually he is demanding why I am not talking to all of you..It hurts him.. Right Arnav??", she added looking back at him from Maa..

"Khushi.. Don't", he gritted his teeth not understanding why she was dragging their parents so much.. They can have some talk without Maa Papa , Can't they??

Khushi shook her head and looked back to Anita..

"Why should I talk to you Mumma?? Is there anything left to have talk?? I am over that marriage stuff now..", Khushi looked back at Anita. Her words were equal to sword for Anita..