Part 12

Wearing a white salwar kameez Khushi came down stairs, her face was pale and eyes were looking swollen. Anjali got up from mat and came to her, holding her by her shoulder Anjali gently squeezed her shoulder- Come, Panditji is waiting for you.

Khushi looked at Anjali, Anjali gently kissed her forehead- Don't be sad Khushi, we are with you, right??

Khushi took a deep sigh, no matter how much she tries to keep her strong, forgetting this bad phrase of her life but this is the particular day that comes in every year just to remind her of her that nightmare. She closed her eyes tightly trying to forget that blur images of a white car hitting a truck. A drop of tears fell from her eyes.

"Close your eyes and pray to god to keep your mother's soul in peace Khushi."

Panditji's word made her come back to present. Khushi once again looked at that big portrait of her late mother Garima, it was her death anniversary and being her only child Khushi was performing some rituals.

She did as told by Panditji. Anjali was sitting beside her, giving her some mental support while Anita's eyes all teary remembering her late friend's some precious memory. Aarav gently touched her palm, blinking through eyes.

It was past 12 in noon, Arnav had not got any spare time to have his breakfast in morning as he had some extra classes in college. Now finally after 5 hours of continuous classes, he has got half an hour break. Aman, Arnav and Manish headed towards canteen to grab some food to satisfy their uncontrollable hunger. They ordered their favorite burger and waited on table till they got their order.

Arnav was doing something on his mobile, Aman and Manish were talking when Tara reached there. She was happy seeing them and came to their table- Hey guys..

Aman and Manish smiled at her- Hey..

Tara looked at Arnav who was so engrossed in his mobile, she raised her brows pointing towards Arnav and asked through eyes what's wrong with him to Aman and Manish. Aman shuddered his shoulder. Tara sighed and pulled a chair towards Arnav's chair, taking her seat she snatched his phone from his hand.

"What the.."

Tara giggled seeing Arnav's reaction. Arnav glared at her- Get me my phone Tara.. It's not funny.

Tara- Ok.. I'll, but tell us what were you doing that you did not even recognize when I sat here?? Chatting with Ex??( she teased him..)

Arnav shook his head- Don't decide so much too early Tara??

Tara- Is it too early??(Pouting her lips.) No problem then, we have many days to decide when it's correct time.

Before Arnav could reply, they got their burgers. Tara announced happily- Guys, today it's treat from my side.

Manish- Why so??

Tara- Actually it's 23rd September and my dad is returning home. So it's time for me to celebrate and without you guys my celebration is incomplete.

Arnav raised his eyes- It's 23 rd September??

Tara- Yeah.. Why??

Arnav did not wait to answer any of their queries, snatching his phone from Tara's hand within a fraction of second, he went away a little dialing a number. Aman, Manish and Tara were so surprised seeing this sudden action of his.

"The number you are trying to reach is now switched off.. Please try again later.", he shut his eyes tightly trying to control this unknown anger bubbling inside him.

Why does she keep this god-damn phone if she wants to switch off it most of the time. It's her mother's death anniversary, how could he forget such an important date?? Running his fingers through his hair frustratingly, Arnav cursed himself.