Part 14

Anita hugged her son as tight as she could. Pulling back from hug, she asked ruffling through Arnav's hair- Mujhe to lagti thi meri do betiya hai..aaj pata chala ki 3 betiyan hai..

While all laughed aloud, Arnav rolled his eyes.

Anjali said from behind- Kyun Chotey.. America wale tumhe saloon mein jane nehi dete the??

Arnav- This is not what I had expected to see Di and Mumma.. At least let me enter in..

Anjali lovingly touched his cheek- Come in..

Karan came to him, Arnav smiled seeing him- Hi Jiju..

Karan smilingly hugged him- Welcome back Buddy.

Arnav's eyes fell on Aarav standing a little away but with moist eyes seeing his son after a long time in face to face. Arnav left his luggage and came to him. Aarav smiled heartedly seeing him, Arnav did not speak anything just hugged his father. Breaking the hug Aarav asked- Thik ho??

Arnav nodded his head, Aarav kissed his forehead to which Arnav closed his eyes. These are really some rare moment in his life.. So much love, warmth, emotions, sentiment, his heart felt heavy getting all these at once. He did miss all these in last 2 years being away from them.

Arnav turned to Anjali- Kaira??

Anjali indicated him towards her little angel who was standing with Khushi. Arnav's eyes moved that direction, his eyes met Khushi's for  just a fraction of second, then he concentrated back on his little niece Kaira, who was holding Khushi's finger in her.

Anjali- Kaira, come, say hello to Mamu.

Kaira looked up at Khushi, Khushi smiled at her caressing her hair fringes and mumbled slowly- Go Kayu..

She stood there for some time, he did meet everyone, talked to each person including Kaira. But he did not think to look at her once forget about talking to her. She inhaled deeply and left from there to her room with Puchpuch.

From his corner of eyes he did see Khushi leaving from there. All met him, she did not care to look at him once, forget about talking to him. He concentrated back on Kaira whom he was holding.

Aarav- Arnav, I think you should take rest for sometime, it was a long journey.

Arnav looked at Anjali- Di, don't go today.. We have a lot to catch up..

Karan- Don't worry Arnav, we have no such plan of leaving either... It was already decided by your Di even before the confirmation of your tickets.

Anjali's jaw dropped- Karan!!

Karan gently held her by her shoulder saying- But that's true.. Is not it Kaira??( Kaira quickly nodded a yes.)

*************************

Khushi was in her room, drawing a sketch of a woman with her baby, Kaira reached there.

Kaira- Cookie..

Khushi looked up at her and hummed, Kaira asked sitting on bed beside Khushi- Cookie, Mumma is calling you.

Khushi- why??

Kaira- I don't know, Mumma just asked me to call you.

Khushi kept her pencil back on table, she was about to leave with Kaira when Puchpuch barked who was laying beside Khushi silently. He stood up on bed and shook his tail, which was an indication that he was hungry. Khushi came to him on bed, stroking his head as gently as possible said- I'll bring something for you..But promise me you will not leave this room.

She said remembering Arnav's dislike towards dogs in young days. Puchpuch also touched Khushi's hand with his one leg as if promising her the same.