Part 20

Khushi was helping Anita arranging dishes on dining table. Aarav was out for dinner at his friend's place. Anita screamed Arnav's name for 3rd time to call him- Chotey, Come on.. Be fast and stop acting deaf!!

Khushi twisted her lips, Anita Mumma has been calling him since long even waiting for him, but he..he did not think it necessary to respond her. How can he be this reckless?? She did not like it at all.

Just then land line rang, Anita answered that. It was from Anjali, who was asking her about Arnav as he was not answering her calls. Hanging up Anjali's call, telling her she would ask Arnav to call her, 

Anita sat on chair sighing hard- Don't know whether Chotey has any plan to act mature when it comes to treasure relationships?? You can't grow up all alone leaving everyone behind, but he.. he does not take it that significant.

Khushi squeezed Anita's shoulder gently seeing her getting tensed- Mumma wo samjh jayega.. ( he will understand everything.)

Anita- When??  I just hope when he will start understanding things, it will not that late. Unless he will be left with nothing and we will be left with nothing but seeing him depressing.

Anita shook her head pressing her lips.

Khushi thought for a moment after hearing Anita's words and said- Mumma, you serve, I'm calling him for dinner. Ok??

Anita weakly nodded her head.

Standing in front of his room, Khushi was thinking should she knock on door or enter inside just like she was doing in their childhood. But now, neither they were kids, nor the equation between them gives them any privilege to do so. But at the same time she could not leave without calling him for dinner like her words to Anita Mumma.

She knocked on door- Arnav, Mumma is calling you for dinner..

Arnav, who was doing work on his laptop, heard her. So she has come here to act like a connector between him and Maa. Why did she even take this much pain to do?? It does not matter to her anything relating to him and she should have stick to that ideology of hers. 

Arnav replied- Nehi khana hai mujhe.. You go away..(he said stubbornly.) ( I am not hungry.)

Khushi countered back- Kyun nehi hai khana tumhe?? And why don't you respond Di's call Arnav?? (Why don't you want to eat??)

Arnav asked from inside- So you have come here to count the complaints against me?? And you.. at least don't give me lecture how to respond someone and when.. (his voice broke slowly.)

Khushi's brow reached high.. Is he behaving like this because of their conversation some time before?? But what's there to leave food?? His words were clear enough for her to understand.

Khushi- Tum mujh pe naraj ho?? (Are you upset with me??)

This time he did not reply back, may be he is really upset with that's type of attitude of her!! Her ignoring nature really makes him go mad.. He does not at all like being ignored like this as that does nothing but make him feel so aloof from all in this world. That feeling is so difficult to digest when you feel like there is none who can only understands you, never judge you and never question you back.. That mental trauma gives you nothing sort of emotions but the feeling of being left out even in presence of hundreds of people around you!!

Khushi waited for him to answer, but hearing nothing she slowly opened the door peeping inside. Arnav looked up at her once, then looked down at the keys of his laptop. He was on his bed, stretching his legs on bed he had his laptop in his lap.

She was too feeling so strange and different stepping into his room which she was practically doing for first time after his return. He has not changed anything in his room except the presence of that canvas that once used to there but now it was absent from his room. He does not like much furniture and other stuffs, there was plenty empty places there.. but she has to admit it gives some really refined look. It was definitely true when said "there should be space in room as well as relationships to refine it."