Part 28

Khushi came to Anita, Anita gave her a smile. Khushi smiled back. This smile from Anita's lips helped Khushi to calm down her tense mind just after meeting him in his room. 

Khushi- Mumma.. Actually I'm craving to eat paneer paratha today with yummy curd.

Anita- Ohkay.. Let me prepare for you..

She was about to pour flour in a bowl but khushi stopped her holding her hand, Anita looked at her questioningly to which khushi replied- Today I'll make breakfast.. You always do everything, take a leave for today..

Anita was about to protest, khushi stopped her- Shh.. No more argument Mrs.Raizada.. You can leave now.

Anita laughed- Ok.. You carry on, but call me if you need anything.

Khushi nodded, after Anita left khushi took a deep sigh and started her task. Arnav will be forced to melt down his anger after having his favorite paneer paratha. Though he is not as foodie as her but he loves food too and specially paratha and gulap jamun.. She decided to go for market Gulab Jamun than preparing at home.. Khushi licked her lips imagining all these dishes.

After almost 45 minutes, all gather at dining table. Anita helped khushi serving, then they both joined Aarav and Arnav too. Aarav took a bite of paratha and said- Umm.. Anita.. Since when have you started cooking so tasty??

Anita's jaw dropped- You meant to say I cook bad..

Aarav gave a meaningful smile, Arnav and Khushi looked down seeing some really cute cozy moment of their Mumma Papa. Anita blushed a little but then covered up saying- Actually today's credit goes to my daughter..

Aarav asked- Khushi has prepared this??

Khushi gave him a happy smile and roamed her eye ball towards Arnav who suddenly stopped eating. She knows he hardly praises anyone even he hardly praises Anita too. She did not mind when he said nothing but her heart ached when she heard,

"Maa, I'm not feeling like eating any more, I'm leaving."

Arnav got up from chair and started leaving when heard khushi, " Wait Arnav.."

Arnav turned towards her, almost glaring at her hoping she would not drag their issue in front of Maa Papa.

Khushi replied- Can you drop me at my college??

Arnav was about to say a Straight NO even opened his lips which Khushi noticed too, but Arnav did not say seeing two pair of eyes on him. He just nodded his eyes and left from there. Why does she need his help?? Was not she capable of taking care of himself?? 

 Khushi stood there staring at his retreating back, did he leave without eating just because she had prepared breakfast today??

Excusing herself from there, Khushi rushed upstairs to her bedroom to grab her bag. She came back, was about to leave bidding bye to Aarav and Anita but stopped, came to dining area and quickly wrapped two parathas in silver paper and left. Just because he did not eat does not mean she will starve for food!!

*********************

Arnav started his car while Khushi did not say anything but that anger was still bubbling inside her. She took a big bite of paratha in anger. How could he just leave like this?? He can't disrespect something she had prepared.. Does he know how much effort it takes to prepare food??  He can't disrespect food!! He has no damn rights to insult her in front of Mumma and Baba.

Khushi angrily turned to face Arnav whose face was straight and blank- Why did not you eat anything??

Arnav replied coldly- My wish..