Forgotten

Hawa POV:

The sun glistened brightly through the windows as I cracked an egg perfectly on the fry pan watching it slowly sizzle and bubble, turning golden by the flaming heat. I flipped it when it was ready and served it on the table with tortillas stuffed with bacon, cheese and sour cream.

Finally, I glanced at my work on the kitchen table, I had managed to make quesadillas for breakfast and I sincerely prayed that they tasted great just as they looked. "Huzaifah breakfast is ready!" I yelled.

Huzaifah worriedly hopped down the stairs in a speed of lightning, "I told you not to worry, I'll manage the cooking Hawa. You're almost five months pregnant, I don't want any mishaps right now. Please!"

I scowled, pointing at the quesadillas on the table. "I tried my best here and you're not even happy."

He circled his arms around my frame tenderly with a heavy sigh, "I am happy but I would be even more happy if you just quit the kitchen for the next few months until the babies are born and you're completely well again. I don't want anything happening to you."

"Okay," I whispered dizzily, walking carefully towards the table and sitting down with Huzaifah. Carrying twins was a very hard task, it was like carrying the double weight of a baby which often made me feel like I was already ready to give birth at this hesitant stage.

After having breakfast with him, my phone blared loudly and I immediately picked it up without a second thought after glancing at the ID caller. "Assalamu Alaikum Anabia--"

"Walaikum Assalam, where are you?" She barked, a video image of her popped up on my screen as she glared at me insanely declaring for an acceptable excuse. Her hair messily poked around as her eyebrows stayed scrunched together with fury.

"Home."

"Home?" She screamed furiously as Ashadiyah poked her head and waved at me sweetly from the background wearing a red sparkly hijab and a fancy crimson white beaded gown.

I nodded quizzically, "Yeah--"

"I hate you so much, remind me why you're even my best friend?"

"We met in hifz." I reminded her cluelessly as she facepalmed herself with regret.

"Her wedding today." Ashadiyah mouthed from behind her.

Oh crap, I messed up big time!

"You see," I started, laughing uncomfortably. "I kinda forgot--"

"What?" She shrieked madly, "This whole day is gonna be a disaster."

"Sorry," I apologized guiltily, "I moved miles away from home recently, it was a last minute decision."

Anabia frowned, her face burning with fury. "Get back here right now."

"Sorry, can't. Don't want to go into labour in your wedding, that'd be a disaster." I joked.

"No worries, Hawa." Ashadiyah quickly added before Anabia exploded with fury again. "We'll pretend that you're here with us since you're in line right now. You can watch everything through this video call, that way you won't miss a thing. Anabia is currently getting ready." Ashadiyah snatched Anabia's phone away and showed her off through the video call.

Anabia sat on a chair grumpily in her fancy red and golden Indian lehenga looking adorable, her long hair reaching her waist. Her sister tugged on her hair brushing it roughly as she winced with annoyance. "How worse can this day get?" Anabia grumbled, "Mom, can we call this day off?"

An older version of Anabia wearing a purple velvet sari appeared at the door looking at Anabia with stress. "Sorry dear, no delaying now."

"Ugh, why does everything have to be so Indian styled?" Anabia cried.