Affection

Hawa POV:

The alarm bells in my head rang loudly jolting me awake, I opened my eyes and sat up immediately. The room was deserted, the bed was cold and empty, Huzaifah was nowhere in sight. My heart began pounding loudly while I gripped onto the bed sheet tightly with regret. Was he really that mad at me last night that he didn't even want to see me at all?

Noticing that it was Fajr time, I jumped out of bed and freshened up for the morning prayer. I needed to say sorry to Huzaifah quick, I shouldn't have burst up like that dumping all my anger on him. If he's mad at me then Allah is mad as well!

I briskly jogged towards Abu Hurairah's room to check up on Safoora. Nope, definitely not to see Abu Hurairah because I was still quite angry with him. He was the main cause of my anger in the first place!

I peeked in the room finding Abu Hurairah sitting on his bed with his Quran sprawled open on his hands. "Where's Safoora?" I asked coldly, not looking at him.

"Washroom." He replied bluntly, continuing his recitation and ignoring my presence.

"How could you do that to her?" I fumed, not being able to hold in my anger anymore. Due to his stupidity, yesterday I had fought with Huzaifah and it was literally all his fault. 

"Uh, what do you mean?" Abu Hurairah raised his eyebrows, pausing his recitation and looking up at me.

"How could you let your friends touch your wife like that?" I asked calmly, narrowing my eyes.

Abu Hurairah sighed, dragging his hand through his hair. "Look Hawa, everything that happens between me and Safoora is none of your business."

"Oh so if she's murdered, you would still say 'Hawa, it's none of your business'." I challenged angrily. 

Abu Hurairah closed his quran and heaved heavily, "Why do you people always blame me for everything that happens and what is wrong with you, Hawa?"

"What's wrong with you?" I spat furiously, "You're probably only being nice to her because you're really guilty of what you did, right?" 

He narrowed his eyes, "Maybe, but why are you picking fights with everyone Hawa?"

He was right, what was wrong with me? Huzaifah hates me now and I was making Abu Hurairah hate me as well. Ugh, what was going on with me?

"I'm sorry," I whispered, my lips quivered and tears sprung up in my eyes. I slumped down beside Abu Hurairah and placed my head in my hands regretfully while tears poured out freely. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

Abu Hurairah looked at me worriedly before engulfing in a delicate embrace. "Why are you crying Hawa?" He asked calmly, rubbing my back which only made me sob harder. He cared about me, why was I going hard on him for no reason?

Safoora suddenly tripped in the room looking at us weirdly, her blonde locks streaming down her back and shoulders. "Why does this room look like an emotional circus? Why is she crying?"

"I don't know." Abu Hurairah answered cluelessly, gawking at her. I couldn't blame him though, she always managed to look beautiful even without trying. 

"Abu Hurairah!" Huzaifah's piercing sing-song voice deafened all of our ears as we all hastily scrambled to plug our ears with our fingers. "We are going for salah, get your butt down here!" He yelled impatiently from downstairs.

"Nope, your wife's crying. Do something about it!" Abu Hurairah hollered back.

"I am not crying." I argued fiercely, pulling away from him.