Awkward

Safoora POV:

After few hours of dozing off and hearing uncles speech with boredom, Hawa and my brother finally got married. 

Yes, uncle was those lecturers who never shut up once they began what they started. Sometimes I wondered how Hawa survived. But again, uncle was pretty funny compared to my nerd of a dad who literally studied every second he had in his life. 

"OMG, my sis just got married!" I squealed, engulfing her tightly in a hug with no sign of letting go. "I finally got a sister-in-law. I am so proud of you!"

Hawa smiled, patting me on the back. "Don't worry I'll be proud of you too when you get married and finish memorizing the quran. Yup, I'll be proud only two times in your life and that's it!"

Amira suddenly walked upto us and looked at me with curiousity, narrowing her eyes. "Safoora, how are you invited to Hawa's wedding?"

"Excuse me! What do you mean?" I asked, cocking my eyebrows. "I could ask you the same."

"Well, my mom's friends with Hawa's mom, that's basically how I ended up here. What about you?"

"I'm here cause of--"

"Oh... she means she's my roommate, of course she'll be over." Hawa quickly added, jumping in our conversation. I gave her a questioning glare, raising my eyebrows. What the hell was she up to?

"Oh Safoora, you have something on your hijab." Hawa came close to my ear pretending to brush something off my hijab. "She can't know about Huzaifah. She doesn't know you have a sibling, remember?" She whispered. 

Oh yeah, right!

"Oh come on, what's going to happen if she knows? Huzaifah just freaking got married." I rolled my eyes. Someone's gotta stop following the stupid rules mom and dad made, and that someone will be me.

"There's a chance you'll get married." Hawa pointed. 

"Oh please, my betrothed probably doesn't even know about my existence just like how I don't know about his. I doubt that he goes to the same school as me." 

"But still Safoora, I don't want to risk it!" Hawa worriedly bit her lips, studying me.

"Oh my god!" Amira yelled dramatically with her hand on her mouth. "Your only thirteen and your betrothed?"

Oh, why? Oh why couldn't I just keep my big mouth shut? I should learn when to keep quiet.

"You promise you won't tell this to anyone in school or at home? Anyone?" I glared at Amira, pointing at her threateningly.

"Of course, I won't tell this to anyone." Amira said with her arms raised. "I promise!"

"Not even your brother Ali?" Hawa threatened, with her arms crossed and eyes narrowed glaring at her.

"I am trusting you, Amira, If one word gets out, your dead meat. I am guaranteeing you that!" I threatened, making a killing motion with my fingers across my neck. "My entire frigging life depends on it."

"I promise you, no one will know!" Amira gave me a confident smile.

"Okay!" Closing my eyes, I took a long breath before opening them again. "Me and Hawa were betrothed to someone ever since our birth and also it turns out, me and her are cousins. Hawa was betrothed to my brother, Huzaifah and my betrothed is... still unknown to me, and I want it to be like that for the rest of my life."

"Okay, okau, let me get this straight. Hawa, you're betrothed to Safoora's brother and you Safoora must be betrothed to her--"

"Uh, Amira, let's go get some desserts!" Hawa commanded sternly her with a creepy smile shutting her up instantly."Now!"