Ugh Boys!

Safoora POV:

Time was flying and the clock hands were always ticking. 

So far, I was done with my sabaq and to me, that was all that mattered. I still had to read my dour (one of previous memorized chapters) to my teacher, and it was another burden marked in my schedule. I was grateful to have finished all seven pages of my Sabaq, and now I've officially started my twenty first chapter. 

The sun was glistening at it's highest peak, and I craving to leave the class badly and enjoy the amazing day before I got old and frail. "Hey psst Safoora!" Aisha said from beside me, frantically making sure the teacher never laid eyes on her. 

"Yeah?" 

"I thought we were competing here?" She joked and I sent her a small sheepish smile. Well, technically she wasn't joking, we were always competing, and so far I was always on the lead. Thanks to my brother and Hawa's help! 

 "I don't get how you do so much sabaq in a day." 

"What can I say? It runs in my blood line." I chuckled. "My family has the brains." Honestly, both my parents were doctors and my brother was the future Einstein. Of course, I couldn't be anything less!

"Right, but you have Hawa as your roommate to help you out, but I have my annoying sister Aidah. She's not exactly the type of girl who would help me out." She shrugged sadly. 

"You know if you want help, I can always help you and Hawa can also too. She'd be glad to help you out, she's anyways teaching here in the evening!" 

"Jazakallah!" She sent me a brief smile of appreciation. 

"Students, it's break time!" Sister Abida said tiredly. Being a hifz teacher was hard. You were required to put all your attention on the student's recitation and at the same time make sure everyone was done with their lessons at the end of the day. 

I quickly tied my niqab and pulled up my hood up as I exited the building. The sunlight glistened brightly blinding me with its illumination, and the fresh air brushed against my abaya pushing at the fabric in a rhythmic way.

 I tried to inhale the fresh breeze, but it seemed impossible like an unimaginable dream that I could never achieve. Wearing a niqab meant sacrificing your freedom just for the sake of Allah and I was really glad of it. Going to Heaven meant so much to me, and it was worth it. Really worth it!

 Rapid footstep pounded against the pavement getting closer and closer. I turned around to face my close friend Aisha. I smiled at her and she returned it. We walked in silence until Aidah, Aira, Zoya and Amira joined us along with some of the other newbie students who liked to linger in our conversation. 

Amira and Zoya were students from Sister Aiza's class, the most strictest hifz teacher in the galaxy. All the students here ever talked about was boys and about the latest gossip. And, of course everyone joined in when they begin their conversation, it was full with 'juicy information' as they would like to describe it. But I never really understood why boys were so special. To me, they were idiots. Complete idiots!

"So Safoora, any news?" Zoya smirked, poking me in the arm. 

"Nope, just starting twenty first chapter. That's it!" I scowled with a bored tone. 

"Guys let's sit down on the grass." Aira pointed at the green field laying ahead of us. It was the only field here that our schools owned, and due to that reason, we had to share it with all the school students and hifz guys.  In this era, buildings were continuously built in any free land that was spotted, and trees were continuously sacrificed. Finding a free field was impossible!