Argument

Huzaifah POV:

"What do you mean change?" I asked Safoora furrowing my eyebrows, pulling the car in front of Umme Qulsums preschool. "Hawa, mind dropping Umme Q to her class?"

"Sure," Hawa nodded with delight, immediately opening Umme Qulsum's door. "Qulsum,  are you happy that you're going to school?" 

"Uh-huh," Umme Qulsum squealed, her hazel eyes beaming with multiple bright colours. 

Before Hawa took her out of her seat, Safoora lifted her niqab and smacked a kiss on her cheek. "Be careful, okay?" She smiled sadly, waving as Umme Qulsum jumped down her seat. "I love you, always!" 

"Bye Saff, love you too!" Umme Qulsum waved back as Hawa helped her out, holding her hand and guiding her out down the parking lot and towards her preschool building. The burning sun reflecting on Hawa's eyes made her blue orbs look much lighter and oceanic. 

She was definitely my dream girl!

A huge bright smile was plastered on Umme Qulsums lips as she looked over her shoulder under the rising sunlight. "Bye bro," She waved cutely for the last time before blending in with the crowd of tiny kids who were gushing inside the building like a bay of a river. 

Sighing heavily, I remembered the tense silence between me and Safoora and turned over my shoulders to look back at her who was staring blankly at the window with no sight of life or happiness. "So what's wrong, what did you mean by change?" I asked, wiping the grin off my face and replacing it with a serious one.

"You really want to know?" She asked with a shaky voice. 

"Yeah duh then why am I asking you?" I rolled my eyes irritably, drumming the stirring wheel impatiently. This family has got to stop their yearly dramas!

She gulped with a deep sigh, "Have you seen mom? She doesn't even care about us anymore--" 

"She does care about us." I narrowed my eyes, studying her expressions through the rearview mirror.

"No, she doesn't. She treats us like... as if we are some kinda burden to her. " She cried, the hurt was clearly evident on her face. "Just look at how she treats Qulsum, she just dumps her on us and tells us to take care of her. You know money isn't everything!" She whispered, looking out the window blankly again.

"You're wrong, she treats all of us right and also equally." I shook my head.

"Of course, Huzaifah you're always on her side." She shrieked, trying to hide the tears that were threatening to break out of her eyes.

"No, I am in no ones side." I cried back.

"Huzaifah do this, Huzaifah does it. Huzaifah marry, he married. Huzaifah drops the girls, he drops them. So obedient!" She rambled on sassily, mimicking mom's voice. "Why do you have to do whatever they say, why do you have to be their puppet?" She screamed. 

"They're our parents, not some random strangers. They give birth to us, and do you know the value Rasullullah (S.A.W) gave our parents? You have to treat them as your king and queen in this world. What do you expect? That's the least I could do for them." I yelled back, my anger was slowly unraveling. This was one of our rarest arguments and if this continued I fear this might lead us to the darkest ally.

Suddenly Hawa entered the car and took her seat in the front, "Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah!" She beamed, but noticing the tense atmosphere in the car she fell quiet.

I instantly ignited the car and drove onto the road, ready to drop Safoora off at her school. My anger had carved a deep frown onto my face.

 "They freaking hate us!" Safoora stated, breaking the silence again.