Message

Hawa POV:

The sun was up high, sparkling against the bright blue sky bringing in a cold breeze that sliced against our skins. Me and Anabia both sat cross-legged on the feathery green grass beside our university enjoying our break. Anabia sat across from me drinking her caffe mocha while I leaned against a tree staring down stressfully at my textbook drinking my fourth coffee for the day.

"You're putting too much pressure on yourself." Anabia advised, taking a long sip from her drink.

"Duh, gotta ace the exam." I groaned.

"I don't know why you're studying so hard, I study like for the last few hours before the exam day and khalas, I am ready for it and boom, I come out of the exam hall with seventy or if I am lucky an eighty." Anabia deadpanned. "Just pray two rakah before the exam and see what Allah gives you."

I rolled my eyes, "Pfft, are you serious? Allah said to try, pray and he'll give you. Imagine if you actually studied, you could have gotten a ninety."

"Hawa, Anabia!" Ashadiyah waved, sauntering towards us happily. Ashadiyah wore a loose abaya, an unzipped forest green hoodie with a dark blue scarf. Yes, Ashadiyah came here as well and she pretty much became our close friend and hung out with us whenever she had the time. For the last few years, me and Anabia were giving Dawah (invitation) to her towards Islam and now she had received the correct guidance. She's trying her best to perfect herself, surprising me how a dua made for someone can actually work better than magic.

"Assalamu alaikum." Me and Anabia greeted her with a smile.

"Walaikum assalam." She shivered slightly, bringing her jacket closer and rubbing her palms. "Hows studies?" She grinned, hugging us both lightly and setting herself down beside me.

"Great, chilling out." Anabia grinned.

"Stressing out." I grumbled, feeling nauseous. My head began spinning while I tried my best to keep my eyes tranced on my textbook. "How about you?"

"Great!" She beamed. Unlike us, Ashadiyah was majoring in English, her department was located elsewhere but she came to visit us from time to time. "I never understood how you people are obsessed with science."

"Science is life." Anabia said.

"No it's not." Ashadiyah countered, furrowing her eyebrows. "In fact it's stressful and damages your brain."

"Gotta agree with that." I nodded, because right now this texbook was wrecking my brain. 

Anabia scrunched her eyebrows, "No, science is how we are cured and how we live and-"

"Okay I get it Anabia." Ashadiyah rolled her eyes iritably, "Don't need to give me the lecture again. My mom and dad already gives me a dose of it everyday."

"How's Quran going Hawa?" Anabia asked me randomly, "How many juz (chapters) are you reviewing in a day?"

"It was two but... recently I reduced it to one and half." I said sheepishly, "You?"

"Wow!" Anabia exclaimed wide-eyed. "How do you review two chapters in a day again? That's unbelievable!"

"I get help from my family." I smiled.

"I do one juz, the usual."

"Hey remember Mrs. Abad in highschool or whatever he name was?" Ashadiyah started, "The meanest teacher alive, ugh man I hated her. She turned out to my sister's sister in law or some kind in law to my sister. You know what this means?" She threw her head back. "My life is doomed."

"Not really. Your sister's life is, not yours." Anabia argued. 

Suddenly, my headache worsened, I felt dizzy, everything whirled around like a roller coaster. A tormentful pain seared through my face, draining the colour out of me. I had the utmost urge to vomit.