Leaving

Hawa POV:

It has been a few days, the house was still darkened with sorrow and distress. Everyone was in their own worlds of upsetting depression of losing someone so beloved. Dad had come home recently with Uncle Benyamin, Aunt Sarah and Umme Qulsum due to this sudden grim occurence. He wasn't his usual energetic dad anymore, he often drifted off into his own world of dolorous memories. Sometimes he smiled lightly as single tears rolled down his cheeks and when he'd see me, he'd pull me in for a hug. Everything felt so fictitious!

Aunt Sarah was a mess as well, the first thing she had done was pull Abu Hurairah in for a hug, consoling him repeatedly that everything will soon be fine. At first Abu Hurairah seemed flabbergasted at her sudden action but his emotions were soon replaced by extreme revulsion. He had shrugged her off disrespectfully and left the room in utter silence.

Since the last few days, Abu Hurairah had locked himself up in his room, distancing himself from the rest of the family. I wondered how he was taking it, although I was going through such a hard time myself, he had made no attempt to reach out to me. Even though I made it to his room a few countable times and knocked on his door, he never dared to open it. It was complete silence I heard from the other end or crashing of materials with loud aching grunts.

"Can I come in?" Umme Qulsum poked her small head nervously in my room, popping my long train of thoughts. Even though Umme Qulsum was close with my mom, she had held her tears in and bit her lips from crying whenever she would remember her. She was a really intelligent and strong girl for her age and I knew she would make one of the bravest girl in the world history. 

"Yeah sure, Qulsum come in." I grinned welcomely, ushering her to come in the room. I was lying on my bed alone, trying my best to lower down my stress-levels breathing in and out. Huzaifah was probably spending his time with our dads since they had come straight home early after mom's burial.

Umme Qulsum sauntered in the room with her golden tresses pulled up in a ponytail, "Umm... do you know where Saff's hairband is?" She asked innocently with her hands folded together in front of her.

"In her head perhaps." I answered confused.

"No, not that hairband." She shook her head with a frown. "The other one. The human one?"

"I'm sorry. Hairband's are not humans--"

"No, I mean Cat is her hairband right?" She asked innocently, "That is what he's called right? Since he married my sister?"

I rolled my eyes with a lopsided grin, "You mean husband?"

"That's the same thing." She nodded with an eye roll, "They both have band's in the end of the word."

"No they are not--" I shook my head.

She pouted, "They are, now come on! Cat is probably playing hide and seek, that's why he's not coming out of his hiding place right now." Umme Qulsum lectured stubbornly, pulling at my arms to get up. "The day I came home, he saw me and ran away as fast as he could. I knew he was up to no good." She shook her head, "He could've just told me he wanted to play hide and seek. We need to find him before he dies in his hiding place, it's been two day already." She panicked urgently forcing me to sit up. "I love him, I don't want anything bad happening to him."

"So, what are you planning to do?" I asked, holding her tiny hands in mine.

"We need to find him!" She bit her lips, plotting a plan to find her beloved cousin.

"I think I know where he hid." I grinned, poking her nose with a smile.

"You do? Show me!" She squealed, jumping up and down in excitement, her ponytail bouncing along with her.