Struggling with Quran!

Safoora POV:

Glancing downwards at my plain black abaya, I recited my sabaq to my brother with full engrossment. My brother had his head bent down looking straight in my Quran listening to every word that I was uttering. My brother was one of the best brothers in the world! I just wished that we got to spend time together often. 

I approached the conclusion of the chapter and Huzaifah closed my Quran tiredly and handed it to me with a yawn. "Pretty good, just a little bit fixing needed." He smiled, patting my head. 

I smiled back, feeling much superior than before. "Thanks bro, I owe you. By the way, you're not even in your school uniform? You're wearing your turban and thobe. That's the hifz uniform for the guys, remember? Did you like... forget that you're in school not in hifz?" I tilted my head looking at him weirdly.

"Just following the sunnah of the prophet here. Plus, I have my uniform underneath all this." Huzaifah pointed at his thobe, flashing me a boostful smile. 

"We are about to land, students please take your assigned seats." One of the crew attendants said through the intercom. I leaned back on the seat and relaxed until we were safely back on the ground. 

"Saff, you didn't bring you suitcase?" Huzaifah asked with concern, peeking at me from underneath his hood. Our family was known as the 'hooded family' cause we all wore sweatshirts everywhere for no particular cause.

"Nah, my clothes are already in my dorm." 

"Students you may exit safely out of this aircraft. Please be certain to take every one of your belongings. You will not be able to come back." The same crew attendant spoke out through the intercom. 

Finally we landed!

I threw my backpack over my shoulders hastily and left the jet permitting my wild thoughts ravage my brain. I missed my best friend Hawa, she happened to join school this year due to her hifz completion. She was more like a sister to me helping me out everytime I struggled in my sabaq or literally anything in particular. These days, our only way to encounter one anothers was at night when we were both worn out and exhausted from our studies. However, Hawa also did evening hifz, where we got to dicern each other with 'the strict rule' of not speaking to one another throughout the duration of our class under progess.

"Saff!" My brother yelled from behind bursting my bubble. I abruptly turned around discovering my brother bent down panting for air. "Wow, you walk so fast. Anyways..." He panted, holding his chest and gasping for air. "Were you just about to leave without saying a goodbye?" My brother narrowed his eyes, looking a bit offended. 

"Oops, I was just you know missing my friend, she--" I began sheepishly. 

Huzaifah abruptly clamped his hand over my mouth, furrowing his eyebrows. "You can't talk about your friends to me. You remember what mom said 'Rule number 2'." Huzaifah scolded, making me roll my eyes. "I don't wanna get married this early."

My parents had strictly instructed us that we were betrothed to our partners ever since birth. The mysterious individual is said to disguised amongst our friends or something... but if one of us figured out who our betrothed was, or if we happened to drop in the sea of love with someone else, we would be instantly married with our betrothed without any further protest.  

Rule number two: 'Never tell you siblings who your friends are'.

My betrothed was probably living with Huzaifah in his part of the campus... or he could simply be one of his friends, who knows really? But for now... I didn't care!

"Chillax, bro." I tiptoed and patted his head like a genius. "There's no way mom and dad will ever figure out."

"They have their spies everywhere." He hissed, squinting his eyes and looking around as if ninja's will materialize out of thin air any minute and charge us guilty. He really believed in mom and dad's threats ?