II.

"Natura, artis magistra." -Latin Phrase

Nature, the mistress of art.

"Man, I still can't believe you're finally going to the con." Eddy said, smiling as he sipped on his bubble tea.

"Me too... It seems too surreal. Like I don't deserve it or anything..." Brett said, also unbelievably stunned.

"But you deserve it." Eddy remarked.

"I know... That's why I said like." Brett replied, taking a sip of his own bubble tea.

They say down on the available bench. They were at the conservatorium taking a tour. Brett said he wanted to familiarize himself with the campus so that he wouldn't be lost on his first day.

"It's a nice place, yeah?" Brett started.

"Very. I like it..." Eddy said, admiring the campus.

"I still can't believe you're one step closer to living our dream together." Eddy said after a long and comfortable silence.

"Me too. I still can't believe I got in." Brett said, smiling at Eddy.

"Once you're in college you'll be too busy for a high schooler like me." Eddy said, as though a younger brother would say to their older brother that's about to leave home.

"You say that as if you're my little brother." Brett said, chuckling lightly. "We've been over this, Eddy. You're always my best friend and college won't change that." Brett added to reassure Eddy.

If only I could be more, I would have tried. Brett thought but did not say. He was careful enough to not let the waterfall of love confessions slip through his half-open mouth. His tongue acting as a reservoir of emotions.

"We'll be okay, okay?" Brett coaxed.

"Okay..." 

"Let's go home?" 

Oh, to say that in another context for you, Edward Chen.

"Let's." Eddy said as they walked back to the bus terminal.

- - - - -

Brett is in a familiar room again. For the fourth time this month, he's in the same room that isn't modern. It seems as though he's a professor because he was teaching them play the violin.

Weirdly, the words were naturally spilling from his mouth. As though everything about the dream had happened before. A bit like deja vu but it seems too real. He even played the violin quite well, even if there was no chin rest or shoulder rest.

He saw someone so familiar in the corner of the room. The boy was really quiet but Brett knew who this was. It looks so much like Eddy. He was about to reach out to Eddy but he cannot control the dream. It was like he was just watching in a third person point of view but he was speaking the words perfectly, without missing a beat.

The class comes to an end and Eddy was approaching him. Everyone was leaving the room but Edward stayed behind. Brett noticed this and gave his attention to the younger man.

"Mister Yang, I have an inquiry." Edward said, hearing his heartbeat pounding in his ears.

"What is it, Mister Chen?" Brett asked, his face and voice remaining emotionless.

"If it's fine with you, can I have after subject practice with you? If I you have time, that is." Edward said, scratching the back of his neck.

"I am glad that you have asked, Mister Chen. I would happily help you, just come here after your lessons with other professors are done. I do not know why but you are the first one to ask for one on one coaching with me." Brett said to him honestly.